EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 19 May 2006, 01:47 PM   #1
rjlov
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
Fastmail.FM
Flag related improvements

Hi.

There are a couple of enhancements on beta in the mailbox screen at the moment.

One is that we display some additional information in the "F" (which stands for flags) column. We show if the message is a high or low priority message (currently as defined by X-Priority:, but we can easily check other headers as well), and also if the message has been flagged.

You can flag a message using "Mark flagged" from the action drop down. This just sets the IMAP \Flagged flag, so you can also see which messages are flagged, and set the flag on messages using an IMAP client.

Also, there are some quick flag searches available at the top of the message list. You can view only the messages you have read, or only the unread messages, or only the flagged messages (or all messages, of course).

If any of this sounds like it would be useful to you, log in to http://www.fastmail.fm/beta/ and give it a try.

Richard.
rjlov is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 19 May 2006, 03:57 PM   #2
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Re: Flag related improvements

Quote:
Originally posted by rjlov

Also, there are some quick flag searches available at the top of the message list. You can view only the messages you have read, or only the unread messages, or only the flagged messages (or all messages, of course).
Good job Richard! I'd like to see some spaces between: AllUnreadReadFlagged

Hey, I now see this is a stylesheet issue. I'm using Henrikg's FMail. Help! Henrik, where are you?

Last edited by Berenburger : 19 May 2006 at 04:19 PM.
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2006, 04:08 PM   #3
Daniel S

Looks good. I should probably adjust my CSS a little now.. (edit: not related to Berenburger post; I want to change the colors of the table)

It seems that if I run a quick search inside a regular search (or vice versa) I get a subsearch (i.e. the new search is only through the messages in the current view), is that right?

Thanks.
Old 19 May 2006, 04:49 PM   #4
Si1
Cornerstone of the Community

Is there a CSS class for 'flagged', like there is for 'read' and 'unread'?
Si1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2006, 05:05 PM   #5
Prognathous
Master of the @

It works very well here, thanks!

Richard, would it be possible to define several types of flags (as in Outlook) or better yet, have the option to add flags and assign them custom labels (as in Gmail)?

Prog.
Prognathous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2006, 05:07 PM   #6
hobbes

A nice feature. However, for me, the flag indicator is tiny. Can this be made any bigger?
hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2006, 05:24 PM   #7
kpuru

Great...

Finally, we see someone take off the "flags" feature...

Now only if we could have custom Flags, we would all be delighted and then ofcourse, flag support in Sieve.

Thanks Richard and Rob.

puru
kpuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2006, 06:37 PM   #8
rjlov
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
Fastmail.FM
There isn't a class for a flagged message, but there is for the actual flag itself. So you can style the flag itself to make it fit into your stylesheet better. The class is 'MsgFlagged'.

Yeah, any "flag search" applies to the results of any simple or advanced search that you are currently using. That seemed to make the most sense to me.

As far as I know, there are no immediate plans to have arbitrary complex flag stuff. That would be nice, but I think that would require reworking the mailbox layout, which would be best done while reworking the relationship between the html and the css. Which is all somewhere on our to-do list, but not right now.

Richard.
Old 19 May 2006, 07:02 PM   #9
alistair234

I sent 2 emails to my fastmail account from one of my hotmail account, 1 with High Priority and the other with Low priority. On the beta sever when I try to reply to a message whether it’s a normal text email message or High and low Priority messages the TO: field becomes blank. Everything is still working OK on main sever e.g. www.fastmail.fm

Has anyone else got this problem on beta server????

Last edited by alistair234 : 9 Aug 2006 at 06:40 AM.
alistair234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2006, 08:38 PM   #10
rjlov
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
Fastmail.FM
alistair234: Hm, I don't see this problem with my account. Perhaps you could PM me your username and I'll see if I can see what's wrong?

Richard.
Old 19 May 2006, 08:43 PM   #11
alistair234

Quote:
alistair234: Hm, I don't see this problem with my account. Perhaps you could PM me your username and I'll see if I can see what's wrong?

Richard.
Hi Richard

the reply function seems to working fine in my account on the beta server.

it wasn't working this morning but it is now so its OK

Strange

Thanks for reply though
alistair234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2006, 08:50 PM   #12
JasonWard
Cornerstone of the Community

The reply address problem seems reasonbly wide spread there is another thread developing about this, however as of yet no response from FM in that thread.

Jason
JasonWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2006, 09:28 PM   #13
ewal
Master of the @

Great stuff Richard, will be very useful. I particularly like the new shortcuts (all, unread, read, flagged), will save lots of time as up to now I have had to go via Advanced search.

A question and an observation if I may.

1. How do I set the priority flag (high or low) when I Compose a message? Many of my correspondents have Fastmail accounts and it makes sense for me to alert them to the fact my email to them has a high (or even low) priority.

2. When I click 'Flagged' it pulls up an email with X-MSMail-Priority set to 'Normal'. Whilst technically correct (it is flagged), would it make sense to suppress 'Normal' priority flags and only show Low and High flags?

Edward
ewal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2006, 10:50 PM   #14
savirr

The "flagged" indicators is ▸ which according to http://www.fileformat.info/info/unic...25b8/index.htm should be a small right-pointing small triangle. However, for me (WinXP, IE 6) it displays as a small unfilled box, even if the character encoding selected is unicode.

Anyone else finding this?

EDIT: it's a font issue. The font slim sand uses doesn't support this character. If I set IE to use Lucida Sans Unicode as its default text font, then choose "NONE" as my stylesheet, it displays as expected. A small green arrow on white isn't exactly easily noticeable...

Simon

Last edited by savirr : 19 May 2006 at 10:55 PM.
savirr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2006, 11:00 PM   #15
Daniel S

Quote:
There isn't a class for a flagged message, but there is for the actual flag itself. So you can style the flag itself to make it fit into your stylesheet better. The class is 'MsgFlagged'.
A class for (tablerows of) flagged messages would be nice. I actually think I'll customize this, if it is available - a formatted subject line is much easier to spot than a small triangle in a column I don't always read. (Another vote)

Quote:
Yeah, any "flag search" applies to the results of any simple or advanced search that you are currently using. That seemed to make the most sense to me.
Thanks, I thought so.