EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 18 Feb 2006, 05:54 AM   #286
haiki

I've been with Fastmail since 2002. First using a free account as a replacement for Hotmail, which was becoming more and more unstable at the time. Then I bought a member account to support what I felt was a mail service that was really focusing on providing unique stability and ease of use. I further upgraded to an enhanced account, and what I feel is a flawless interface between private, commercial, and business mail. Now I have my own domain hosted with Fastmail, which gives me even more freedom, and a storage space that lets me synchronize important documents between work and home, and which also provides me an important backup. A very satisfied customer, indeed!

Nils
haiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Mar 2006, 10:23 PM   #287
Ladrillo

I posted in this thread shortly after signing in for a free account, and after becoming an enhaced member and testing this service (and others) extensively for years all I have to say is that fastmail gives me all that I expect from a low price/mainstream email provider and THEN SOME.

If fastmail were to offer an enterprise service level file backup/storage system and email service 99.99% uptime at twice the price itīd still be a bargain.

A memorable moment for me was when an isp/email service provider (lousy and open relay but unfortunately with quite a bit of market share here in my country) my clients use got blacklisted and Jeremy personally got it to work, in the same day.

If only the interface could be translated to spanish and marketed to small-size tech companies over here!

Keep up the excelent work.
Ladrillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Apr 2006, 10:20 PM   #288
Heartz
Essential Contributor

I started using Fastmail way back in 2002. Since then, I've upgraded to Member, then Full and today I became a brand spanking new Fastmail Enhanced member. For 34 bucks a year, I get to host all my domain email and even get a simple website for it.

It's amazing. Thank you Jeremy and Rob. You guys rock!
Heartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Jun 2006, 06:12 PM   #289
adam15c
Essential Contributor

We're quick to complain.....

...but I believe we should give credit where its due too. I have just upgraded from Full to Enhanced using Paypal which in theory should take up to 5 days. I sent the payment on a Sunday and I was up and running on the Monday with my own domain name. With quick replies to my queries from Kurian.

Excellent service. Thank you and well done Fastmail.
adam15c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jun 2006, 04:41 AM   #290
mannyrodrigez

FM out googled gmail

Congrats amigos,

Using gmail with my opera browser was like walking waist high in sewage water. Fast mail with opera is lightning quick. Also, your advanced features makes gmail look like a poor man's hotmail.

Keep up the good work hombre's.

manny
mannyrodrigez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Jul 2006, 01:14 AM   #291
brancod

Fastmail is amazing.

I work for a fairly large ISP here in Canada and I only wish our e-mail service was as good as Fastmail. I've been using Fastmail for approx 3 1/2 yrs and never once experienced any problems. Fastmail sets the standards for every email service. Kudos.
brancod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Jul 2006, 03:01 AM   #292
SusanUKF
Intergalactic Postmaster

Re: Fastmail is amazing.

Quote:
Originally posted by brancod
I work for a fairly large ISP here in Canada and I only wish our e-mail service was as good as Fastmail. I've been using Fastmail for approx 3 1/2 yrs and never once experienced any problems. Fastmail sets the standards for every email service. Kudos.
Welcome to the forum, Brancod

I agree whole-heartedly. I have Bell Sympatico High-Speed Internet Service as our ISP at home and their email service is atrocious!! I even told them to send all the emails from them to one of my fastmail accounts, and I told them the reason was because their email service is unreliable and I never use that email anymore. I still have Outlook Express installed on our computer, but I very rarely open it anymore. I love the winning combination of Fastcheck to use with my Fastmail accounts as well.

Susan.
SusanUKF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Sep 2006, 03:45 PM   #293
Sherry

[Moderator:]

fwalther, I have moved your post to the proper forum as a new thread open for discussion Here. The post was not a Testimonial so was improperly posted here.
Sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Sep 2006, 04:35 PM   #294
Sherry

TimK, I have moved your post Here. For you and future posters this is a "Testimonial" thread. For other issues please post in the proper forum. Thank you.
Old 3 Sep 2006, 04:38 PM   #295
njlieckfeldt

Quote:
Originally posted by Sherry

TimK, I have moved your post Here. For you and future posters this is a "Testimonial" thread. For other issues please post in the proper forum. Thank you.
I would have thought Tim's email was a testimonial. Or are testimonials only positive experiences? Can we have some clarification on what can be posted in this thrad?
njlieckfeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Sep 2006, 04:53 PM   #296
Sherry

Please read This and This.
Old 31 Oct 2006, 09:43 AM   #297
david300

recent restoration of an email

I've been reading the status blog, not really comprehending what the problems with 'server 3' have been, but thankyou fastmail. My email, previously lost, has been returned intact! I'm glad these small inconveniences don't occur often, but when they do, it's very nice to know you have fixed them fast!
david300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Nov 2006, 10:29 AM   #298
astrodog73

I've been using fastmail for about a year now - never had a glitch, not even one. I was lucky enough to have been missed by the recent outages though.
Congrats guys on a great service, always quick responses to my queries, not that many queries are needed due to the good FAQ - worth every cent.
Hats off.

Lee
astrodog73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Dec 2006, 06:34 AM   #299
walesrob
Essential Contributor

Fantastic

Just joined FM after spending years of using Yahoo, Gmail and Hotmail. Must admit using IMAP was a shock to the system, but I've sussed it now.

Features I like:

Pop Links
Ability to send emails using aliases
Excellent spam filtering
File storage

I don't often buy software or take out web subscriptions if it can be free elsewhere, but I would happily pay 19$ yearly for a quality email service that is FM.
walesrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Dec 2006, 11:14 PM   #300
rastko

Best Email

Hello,
Fastmail is the best email I have ever used. Thank you.
rastko is offline   Reply With Quote