EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Help Needed!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Help Needed! Having problems with your email service, or with the email software you're using? Post your questions and answers here!

Old 13 Nov 2021, 07:53 AM   #1
ojos

Using email client to send email from spamex address

I've been a customer of the spamex service for many years. The standard way of composing and sending email from a spamex address is to is to use their website, find your spamex address and then use the "send" link to compose and send your email.
I'd like to find a way of sending spamex email through an email client using SMTP. So if my email address is example@spamex.com I want to use that as "from" address but my email client will ask me for the:
SMTP address
login username
password.
Does anyone know if these parameters exist (or can be created) for my spamex email address?
ojos is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 13 Nov 2021, 10:40 AM   #2
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

I don't use Spamex. But looking at their website and FAQ, I don't see any mention of allowing customers to use their SMTP. It's only an online browser-based service when you send messages.

If you try to use a SMTP server which is not controlled by the Spamex company to send messages from your email client using a spamex.com From address, you will have difficulties.
  • Many (probably most) major services don't allow their SMTP server to be used to send messages with a From domain different from the main domain(s) of the service. In other words, if you have a Gmail account, that service doesn't allow you to send messages with a yahoo.com From address. This is to reduce spam.
  • If you find and use a SMTP in such a manner (with the From address domain not matching the server IP addresses specified by the From domain owner), most email systems will classify the message as spam.
  • This spam reducing behavior has developed over the past decade. Before spammers ruined things for everyone, you could send an email with any From domain through any SMTP server and nobody cared. But not now.
Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Nov 2021, 02:51 AM   #3
ojos

Quote:
Originally Posted by n5bb View Post
I don't use Spamex. But looking at their website and FAQ, I don't see any mention of allowing customers to use their SMTP. It's only an online browser-based service when you send messages.

If you try to use a SMTP server which is not controlled by the Spamex company to send messages from your email client using a spamex.com From address, you will have difficulties.[list]
OK, I can understand that if I want to send an email from a spamex.com (or xemaps.com) email address these domains belong strictly to Spamex themselves. So they may not want me to send from those. However I am actually paying Spamex to add several personal domains to my account (see: https://www.spamex.com/help/personaldomains.cfm}
Since they are my own registered domains I consider I should be able to use an email client to send email from my personal domains. Unfortunately the Spamex Help doesn't answer this question. I've tried emailing support@spamex.com but they don't answer.
Can you or anyone else suggest a way of getting help from their support? Maybe there's another way of accessing their support?
ojos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Nov 2021, 04:29 AM   #4
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Sorry — as I said, I’m not a Spamex customer, so have no special insight. If I were you I would continue to attempt to contact support in whichever ways they recommend. For some services the best way is a web form on their site, but I have no idea for Spamex.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote