EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 8 Jun 2008, 07:36 AM   #316
joe_devore
Essential Contributor

Thumbs up

Once I found FastMail I stopped using my old one and never went back.
Long Live Fastmail!! (>_--> and No 'fancify' or noobify).
joe_devore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jul 2008, 05:43 PM   #317
jagomai

Fastmail rocks.

This new login session management - it's a miracle! 8 hours, no cache, no save password - perfect for work.
jagomai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Sep 2008, 03:40 PM   #318
blevins

Smile There is no equal

I ditched Gmail some time ago and opted for full access at Fastmail. The price is very reasonable for the high quality of service. As far as I am concerned, there is no equal.
blevins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Nov 2008, 08:26 PM   #319
BDL

My mail client (Mail.app) had for some reason duplicated some 150-200 sent messages; I like to keep an accurate archive of recent mail and these dups annoyed me. Having only recently moved to FastMail from my own owner-operated mail server, I thought "well, if I had command line access this would be easy to fix with a simple formail command or two"... I thought I'd have a poke around the FM web interface, and lo-and-behold I found the "Purge/Archive/Remove duplicates" function (in the Folders editing page).

Did the trick in only a couple of mouse clicks! I'm impressed once again with FM's implementation. Well done!

Ben Low
BDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Nov 2009, 06:27 AM   #320
PON
Essential Contributor

Fastmail Loop

I'd have preferred the names Fastmail Business and Fastmail Family to Fastmail Vault and Fastmail Loop, but...

I've just migrated my family to Fastmail Loop and so far I am very impressed.

I'm surprised that there hasn't been an endorsement here for a long time. I can say why I stopped visiting ... Fastmail has been so reliable I never needed to.

It just gets better and better.

(I'm just a satisfied customer... since Q1 2002)
PON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Dec 2009, 10:51 PM   #321
ivorytowers

The best email experience ever

I opened my FastMail account just three days ago and already I'm convinced that this is the best email experience ever. I'm abundantly grateful.
ivorytowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Jan 2010, 09:56 PM   #322
ChinaLamb
The "e" in e-mail

Location: a virtually impossible but finitely improbable position
Started using Fastmail in 2003... In another couple of months it will have been 7 years...

More happy with you today than ever, fastmail. Not even a 7 year itch...

Account paid up untill just under 10 years of service too...

Big thanks to the fastmail staff....

/cl
ChinaLamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Jan 2010, 06:59 PM   #323
chatricia

Wink

Since 1995 I am connected to the internet almost daily, I had many webmail accounts during all this time, all type of them, being email what I most use while online. I enjoyed some webmail services in the early 90s that were pretty unusal not longer more in use today. I used a broad amount of webmail services as hotmail, yahoo mail, gmail, etc.. But it wasn't until early 2000s that I started using FastMail.FM.

Since the first time I used FM I never wanted to go back to the other email providers available. I love FastMail.FM, it is by far the best email service provided in the world, with a huge difference. I had Guest, Member and Full accounts. Now I have my Full account paid for several years and is the only mail service that I use today, I don't need other and neither I found other that could better than FM, and I did an extensive research to conclude this.

I love everything within FastMail.FM, is fast, is reliable, is very nice, highly customizable (CSS, codes) FM never failed me and is my companion in my internet life.

I love the current interface and the possibilites to customize everything in FM, the available features and the quality of the service makes it the best email service currently on the internet.

I only hope that FM Team keeps this good job as it is now for a long time, as it is perfect and wonderful as it is today.

I love FastMail.FM.

Please don't change it as it is now.

It become part of our lives.

With Love,

Chatricia
chatricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jan 2010, 11:01 PM   #324
rtheis

Cool What I love about FastMail?

EVERYTHING! I've been using FastMail for more than a few years now, and can never say enough good things about it, the support, and now Family accounts. I KNEW there'd be a way to get my family hooked on FastMail. I just signed up and I know that when anyone starts to use fastmail, discover it's wonderful interface, features, and speed, they'll be hooked like I am.

Thanks Fastmail... for EVERYTHING.
rtheis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 2010, 08:52 AM   #325
bobprimak

Smile I LOVE Fastmail!

I just spent an afternoon getting signed up for this service. It didn't take me long to get used to the Website options for setting up a three page site through the personal storage (My Folders) area. Signing up for the e-mail service wasn't too hard either, and now I have got things up and running. I will set up IMAP client access (Eudora 8) tomorrow or later tonight. So far, I am getting all the advantages of my (now defunct) AT&T Worldnet web mail and personal web pages, and all in one location for FREE!

One reason I am using Fastmail is that Yahoo Mail just introduced Galaxy, which blocks access to web mail if Firefox users are blocking ads. Unfortunately, the Yahoo filters cannot distinguish between real ad blockers (e.g., AdBlock Plus) and security-related script blockers (NoScript). As a paying MailPlus customer, I find this insult intolerable.

No such troubles here at Fastmail! Thanks for a great service, and I will be notifying my contacts to reach me here. Of course, I will also recommend Fastmail to folks I meet on line and in real life.

Keep up the good work, folks! Regards,

Bob Primak
bobprimak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Apr 2010, 12:43 PM   #326
blevins

Well, I can only say this. While the storage allocation is less than a bargain, Fastmail is the only email service of the many I've tried that managed to get my emails to my Blackberry in a reasonably short time, usually 30 seconds upon arrival at my inbox.
blevins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Apr 2010, 11:49 AM   #327
jamestwohats

Longtime User

Not sure how long I've been using Fastmail but I guess I started with it early in 2005. I've tried many others but Fastmail is still my main one. I did have problems setting it up in the beginning and I think I probably complained loudly about that.

I got by until this year with the free version, but without the Spam protection it became too unwieldy to handle, and I've not had luck with Spam control plugins from the user end of it. Instead of spending an hour a day sorting mail I bumped up to the paid member account and I'm pretty much blown away by the difference in the quality of the service.

If you know only as much about email programs as I did when I first signed up it can be pretty frustrating to get going, but Fastmail lets me use whatever I want to use at my end, without the restrictions other webmail services put in place. It's uncluttered and well-organized. The accounts I don't use -- like Yahoo -- put so many ads on the page you can hardly figure out how to get to the mail. Fastmail makes a great contrast to that.

Jimmy
Removed

Moderator: URL removed as per the forum rules.

Last edited by Sherry : 25 Apr 2010 at 11:54 AM.
jamestwohats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2010, 09:52 PM   #328
plotsrus

Thumbs up My modest testimonial

I am 65 and not a social networker, and this is possibly my first forum contribution. I just wanted to thank all involved with Fast mail for nearly 10 years of effortlessly looking after my email needs. I recommend it to everybody willing to listen, and whilst I may only use about 10-15% of its potential, it has done everything I have needed.
I have put pictures of my grandson online, I have used and disposed of Aliases, and I find one thing indispensable - sms. I HATE textspeak. An article in a prestigious Sunday Broadsheet told a reader that there was no way to send a text from a computer! I had done it for years!! I wrote to the newspaper and told them of Fastmail - no response! I can use grammar, punctuation and it is cheaper than my mobile provider!
I often use Opera, and like it immensely for its neatness and innovation, I think this move will be a good fit, and wish both parties well.
Good Luck
plotsrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jun 2010, 01:37 AM   #329
Hasse

Tx for the quota increase!
Hasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Nov 2010, 08:16 PM   #330
radtux

Fastmail is awesome. Great service support and overall brilliant performance. Way to go.
radtux is offline   Reply With Quote