EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 8 Mar 2002, 03:25 AM   #1
mlevin
Cornerstone of the Community

"forward as attachment" or "forward with full headers"

Hi all,

Maybe I missed it, but is there any way, from the web interface, to forward a message either as an attachment or with the FULL headers?

I wanted to report some spam and I was going to forward the message with headers, but I found that I couldn't do that very easily.

It would be great if this feature were available on the message screen and/or the mailbox screen.

Thanks!
mlevin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 8 Mar 2002, 03:36 AM   #2
jhs
Essential Contributor

I believe that if you use the redirect action from the drop down box on the message screen, it will be send with full headers.

Jan
jhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Mar 2002, 03:37 AM   #3
mlevin

Quote:
Originally posted by jhs
I believe that if you use the redirect action from the drop down box on the message screen, it will be send with full headers.

Jan
That's cool, but then it looks like it is from the original sender and I can't add comments, right?
mlevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Mar 2002, 03:51 AM   #4
jhs
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally posted by mlevin

That's cool, but then it looks like it is from the original sender and I can't add comments, right?
'

I haven't used it myself, but I think you are right.
jhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Mar 2002, 10:53 AM   #5
robmueller
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Fastmail.FM
Yep, 'redirect' basically does what it says. It's for redirecting an email to another account, without loosing any of the existing header info.

We do plan to add a 'forward as attachment' option. I guess the 'forward with full header' wouldn't be too hard either....

Rob
robmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Mar 2002, 07:28 AM   #6
erimess

Re: "forward as attachment" or "forward with full headers"

Quote:
Originally posted by mlevin
Hi all,

Maybe I missed it, but is there any way, from the web interface, to forward a message either as an attachment or with the FULL headers?

I wanted to report some spam and I was going to forward the message with headers, but I found that I couldn't do that very easily.

It would be great if this feature were available on the message screen and/or the mailbox screen.

Thanks!
I'd love to also see the full headers thing. You can show full headers but they don't seem to forward. (I tested this by sending it to myself at another address.) If I can figure it out and report it myself I prefer to do so. (It's just that goose-bumpy feeling when you get a letter back saying you killed a spammer. ) In the meantime I had an idea that I haven't tried yet, though I don't see why it shouldn't work. Show the full headers, highlight them and do a copy, then paste it back in when you do the forward. A hassle I know, but a fix until they ever (if) get the full headers to forward -- a true forward, this is.
erimess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Mar 2002, 07:59 AM   #7
Jeremy Howard
Ultimate Contributor

Redirecting to Spamcop is an easy and effective way to report spam: http://www.spamcop.net .
Jeremy Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Mar 2002, 09:49 AM   #8
pobelly

while you're at it, i still think an option in preferences to 'Always Show Headers' would be really nice...
pobelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Mar 2002, 08:54 PM   #9
ppetru

Having a "Report to Spamcop" link on the message screen and a "Spamcop" action in the action list would be neat.

It would be even nicer if fastmail could parse the spamcop confirmation responses and offer a "unreported spamcops" that has a list of all the spam report URLs you got back from Spamcop. This way you'd keep redirecting them, but only go to pages on spamcop.net once per day (to confirm/send spam reports).
ppetru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Mar 2002, 02:38 AM   #10
circuit

i tried redirecting mails to spamcop... one came back to me (apparently i couldnt send it because the fm system thought i was spamming someone else)... the other one came back from spamcop as unsuccessful. i just assumed redirection didn't include the headers.
circuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Mar 2002, 06:36 AM   #11
Jeremy Howard
Ultimate Contributor

Redirection does include the headers. What error did Spamcop give you?
Jeremy Howard is offline   Reply With Quote