EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 16 Nov 2017, 06:01 PM   #1
hjACFjf4B6

Prevent a send item

Is it possible to turn off Sent Item creation on a particular email address?

I send emails to myself to remind me to do things. So the From and To email address are the same. I noticed under Identities & Fetch, the save option could be disabled, but I want it to be for specific to the From and To address. I don't want to change the default from address.

Rules won't work as that will only apply to email I receive, not the email I receive.

Thanks, just curious

Peter

Last edited by hjACFjf4B6 : 16 Nov 2017 at 06:09 PM.
hjACFjf4B6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 16 Nov 2017, 07:21 PM   #2
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

How about just setting up a special Identity (called, perhaps, 'Reminder') and using that when you want to send to yourself with no copy in Sent Items?

Note that the From address of this Identity can be the same as a From address previously used in another Identity should you so desire, though you may want to use a different address to facilitate the message being filed into a folder 'Reminders' on receipt.
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Nov 2017, 08:06 PM   #3
hjACFjf4B6

Thanks you are talking about "Identities & Fetch" right? Is there anyway to control the sort order on the from address drop down?

Thanks

Peter
Old 17 Nov 2017, 12:00 AM   #4
Himagain

I send email like that, too...

configuration instructions, links to videos or websites to view later on another machine, reminders, etc.

I don't have a solution to the "Send Items" auto-create, but I propose consideration of a workaround:

-write the email
-save it as a draft
-do not send it
-move it from "Drafts" to the folder where you want it, including Inbox if need be.
Himagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Nov 2017, 12:47 AM   #5
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjACFjf4B6 View Post
Thanks you are talking about "Identities & Fetch" right? Is there anyway to control the sort order on the from address drop down?

Thanks

Peter
As I recall (I have not double checked) the order is alphabetic, by Identity name. If my recollection is right, you can just use a prefix (maybe even a number) to control the order.
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Nov 2017, 07:36 AM   #6
hjACFjf4B6

It seems to be ordered in a strange manner. I tried adding a new identity/fetch with a number to start and it is not at the top.

Peter