EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 27 Feb 2014, 10:47 PM   #1
cpryland

Yesterday's outage

Excellent technical post on the Fastmail outage (which didn't affect us).

The one thing I thought was lacking was an offer of some kind of financial reparation for anyone affected--a free month of service, etc. (Since this doesn't involve our company accounts, I think I can say that with disinterest.) That's one of the most sincere ways for a service business to say "I'm sorry."

Thanks for listening.
cpryland is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 28 Feb 2014, 04:11 AM   #2
pachinko

FYI - the outage isn't over for some of us.

My account is still not able to receive incoming email.

I'm still missing messages that were received yesterday and that were apparently wiped out during the restore.

I have not received any response from FastMail on my two open support tickets beyond the automated ticket confirmation.

Very unhappy with their lack of prompt service and the fact that there is no emergency support phone # or email to contact in these situations. I suspect that they have only one or two people working in support which is completely unacceptable for paid enhanced business email service.
pachinko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Feb 2014, 05:38 AM   #3
me0000

Yes I was affected. At one point I could not log in. At another point when I could get in I had only 2 emails in my inbox. Now most of my emails seem to have returned.

Fm obviously do not give a monkeys.
me0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Feb 2014, 04:51 PM   #4
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

I'm in AU and we never had a problem.
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Feb 2014, 06:07 PM   #5
DumbGuy
Essential Contributor

Just wanted to say that I appreciate the occasional long technical posts made on the FM blog, such as the one appearing today. Even though I typically only grasp about 50% of what's described, I appreciate the effort put in by the staff to share some of the inner workings of FM and the challenges and hiccups of the entire FM system. I also get the sense that the developers really care about keeping FM running smoothly and fixing occasional problems that surface, whether minor or large.

Sorry to hear about folks, notably some new users, who were negatively impacted by the outage. (Myself: no problems here.) FM really is a pretty rockin' service and has been that way for years; hopefully you'll have a chance to see that yourselves.
DumbGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Feb 2014, 09:47 PM   #6
CyberDyne
Master of the @

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by me0000 View Post
Yes I was affected. At one point I could not log in. At another point when I could get in I had only 2 emails in my inbox. Now most of my emails seem to have returned.

Fm obviously do not give a monkeys.
Maybe you believe your emails reappeared by themselves without the intervention of any from Fastmail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumbGuy View Post
Sorry to hear about folks, notably some new users, who were negatively impacted by the outage. (Myself: no problems here.) FM really is a pretty rockin' service and has been that way for years; hopefully you'll have a chance to see that yourselves.
Seconded, without hesitation.
CyberDyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Feb 2014, 10:51 PM   #7
NealJ777

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpryland View Post

The one thing I thought was lacking was an offer of some kind of financial reparation for anyone affected--a free month of service, etc. ...
Since I am still within my free trial period with FastMail, I think they need to give me a complete refund.
NealJ777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Mar 2014, 05:13 AM   #8
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by NealJ777 View Post
Since I am still within my free trial period with FastMail, I think they need to give me a complete refund.
Glad to see your experiences have not resulted in sense of humor failure At least, from your perspective, the service can only improve.
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote