EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 26 Jul 2017, 07:53 PM   #1
kpuru

The 1-hour story

Well,
I have been with FM for over 12 years. Through all its changes (read Opera etc) and still stuck to it. Obviously, for the technology and service that they provide it has been a great time.

Off late, I had some issue with MX servers which I had stupidly ignored. Fiddled with the FM settings multiple times and then finally raised a support ticket.

Usually, I understand that it takes close to 24-48 hours for tickets to be answered and I had imagined that FM would probably take about the same time.

But then, FM being what it is, does something different. It replied and resolved within an hour.

I must say I am not used to this when almost all companies Google, Amazon, Hostgator (my current web provider) and many other biggies take more than 24 hours to respond.

For the past few years, I have not been on the forum.

I thought I should mention that FM is amazing. All the tech and service makes it a great service.

Thank you.

PS: Special mention to Merlin for quick response.

kpuru is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 26 Jul 2017, 11:33 PM   #2
odedp
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpuru View Post
I must say I am not used to this when almost all companies Google, Amazon, Hostgator (my current web provider) and many other biggies take more than 24 hours to respond.

WOW, I had no idea that Google do answer at all...
odedp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jul 2017, 12:34 PM   #3
kpuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by odedp View Post
Google does, when you are trying to buy their products and have an issue with that.
kpuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jul 2017, 06:26 PM   #4
NumberSix
Cornerstone of the Community

I agree about FM being the best, and have generally had positive experiences with support.

However right now I'm having a not-very-good experience. I reported a problem that requires the attention of a developer. Two weeks later and I do not have a resolution. I'm glad it's not a major problem for me, but two weeks is ridiculous. And I got a bit of a runaround... at first the back-and-forth was good, but then it was escalated to a supervisor, I was told that it was forwarded to an engineer... after three days with no response I asked for an update. SIX DAYS after that, I finally got a follow-up, to the effect that "oh, this needs to be seen by a developer, so I'm forwarding it." And that was 2-3 days ago. Not good, FM, not good
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jul 2017, 09:12 AM   #5
DarioMor
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by odedp View Post
As a G Suite client, I must say they support team is superb. I can get immediate human support by phone in English or Portuguese. 24x7. Really high level attendants.

Back to Fastmail: Today I got an support answer after 7 hours. Just to remember, today is sunday. Worldwide . It was indeed a good answer. Mr Vysakh made some tests before reply my question and sent the right answer on the 1st interaction.

It was not the fastest in the market, but I think it is fair for Sunday. And very faster than Fastmail used to be.

Congrats to FM crew.

[ ]s
Dario
DarioMor is offline   Reply With Quote