EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 28 Oct 2018, 11:38 PM   #1
adam1991

Financial sites not liking my email address

In the last year or so, I've gotten a few notices in the postal mail from E*Trade, telling me something like "emails are being refused by your provider" and to please contact them to fix this.

This last time I went into my account directly and found that I had no email address listed. And yet, I signed up with my Runbox email address--so I know they had it. But it disappeared.

Then this past week my bank also indicated to me that they had no email address for me, and for me to correct this. Sure enough, in my account profile the email field was blank.

That's all very, very strange. I've been with this bank for 25 or more years, and I've been with Runbox for...20 years? A long time, anyway.

I know in the past I've had some troubles with some sites thinking that by definition, since I use a Runbox email, I must be a scammer/spammer and they refused to acknowledge me. Runbox was on a commonly used blacklist. That hasn't happened for quite some time, though--and yet I can't help but wonder if my two experiences above aren't related to something similar.

I can't imagine any other reason why two completely different financial institutions would suddenly delete my email address from my profile and then complain that they can't email me.

Has anyone else see anything like this?
adam1991 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 29 Oct 2018, 03:03 AM   #2
somdcomputerguy
Cornerstone of the Community

I don't use the Runbox email service, so I can't offer anything about that side of your issue, but perhaps you should contact these two financial services directly, and seek some support assistance.

- Bruce
somdcomputerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Oct 2018, 05:35 PM   #3
dbowdley
Cornerstone of the Community

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Hi adam1991,

If you haven't already, can you get in touch with us at https://support.runbox.com or support@runbox.com so we can look in to this for you please?
dbowdley is offline   Reply With Quote