EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 1 Mar 2017, 08:45 AM   #1
m46ah_30
Essential Contributor

Looking for an old email address

I received a notification of payment for services today from FM. The problem is that it was sent to an email address I haven't used since I last paid for my FM account three years ago. I thought I had deleted that account. I'd like to change the address that is associated with these payment notifications to one I use more frequently but I can't find where it is listed so I can change it. Anybody have any idea where I could look?
m46ah_30 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 1 Mar 2017, 10:58 AM   #2
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

You received the notice, so it must have been sent to an account or alias which is still active. When I receive a renewal warning or notification that an automatic renewal was made, it's sent to the login address of the account. Did you change your account email address? By default a new alias is created from the old account address. You may have to file a formal support request to change the address.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Mar 2017, 11:55 AM   #3
m46ah_30
Essential Contributor

The notice showed up in a Gmail account that has been inactive for 3 years. I have only ever had 1 Fastmail account and the address has never been changed.
Old 1 Mar 2017, 01:19 PM   #4
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

Has it anything to do with your Fastmail back email address, try settings, then password and security as you may be using an old back up email email address in that section.

Last edited by Terry : 1 Mar 2017 at 04:39 PM.
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Mar 2017, 09:03 PM   #5
m46ah_30
Essential Contributor

The backup email address belongs to another email client entirely and was not the one to which the payment notification was sent.
Old 2 Mar 2017, 08:46 AM   #6
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

Yea ok, it was just a shot in the dark.
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote