EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 9 Nov 2019, 10:32 PM   #1
radtux

Dark Mode for Fastmail Android App

I had raised the request to their customer support, but they haven't promised the dark mode for the app. Does anyone have an idea about it?
radtux is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 23 Nov 2019, 10:31 AM   #2
Gankaku

I don't know anything about the progress of it. But I'm definitely hoping for this soon. I can only use Fastmail during the day on my phone because of below.

I've developed an eye issue in my older age and I need dark mode in everything. It's not for fun or good looks. It's a necessity. All excessive white on screens has to go, even white text. Light grey text on dark grey background is the nicest ever. Even on my Android, I've switched to Kiwi browser. I never open Chrome, and deleted Firefox because Kiwi has dark mode, all the time, and no white flashes between loading pages. It's a problem on my browser on the computer too (white flashing between loading pages) and I've got all these dark add-ons on my browsers to try to eliminate it (it helps but doesn't eliminate entirely). So I'm really glad at least I have a dark mode on the computer for my Fastmail.
Gankaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Dec 2019, 07:45 PM   #3
xyzzy
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gankaku View Post
All excessive white on screens has to go, even white text.
Heh, for some reason what came to my mind reading that reminded me of the all black screen with green text like the "good 'ol days"
xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Dec 2019, 10:59 PM   #4
somdcomputerguy
Cornerstone of the Community

beta.fastmail.com/help/technical/dark-mode-beta.html

- Bruce
somdcomputerguy is offline   Reply With Quote