EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 29 Nov 2015, 12:32 AM   #1
Heartz
Essential Contributor

Will there be any Cyber Monday deals?

Will there be any Cyber Monday deals for Fastmail This year?
Heartz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 29 Nov 2015, 01:38 AM   #2
17pm
Cornerstone of the Community

I'm also interested in this. I doubt though, I don't think they ever made any discount, did they?
17pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Nov 2015, 02:31 AM   #3
David
Ultimate Contributor

In the early years, when Fastmail was trying to build up its clientele, they frequently lowered the account cost, in a variety of different ways (usually at Christmas time) That is history, and although they say that history often repeats itself, I doubt that it will happen again here, anytime soon
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Nov 2015, 02:47 AM   #4
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Within my time of using Fastmail, I cannot recall this happening.

It would be nice to be able to pay a few years in advance, to lock in the service at a set price.

Well, you can add funds in advance, but if the price has gone up when renewal is due, you have to pay the new price.

Not much of an incentive.
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Nov 2015, 08:40 AM   #5
gardenweed

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredOnline View Post
Within my time of using Fastmail, I cannot recall this happening.

It would be nice to be able to pay a few years in advance, to lock in the service at a set price.

Well, you can add funds in advance, but if the price has gone up when renewal is due, you have to pay the new price.

Not much of an incentive.
There used to be an option to renew for a number of years.
For example my Enhanced account is a 3 year sub.
I don't see this under their pricing structure any more.
gardenweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Nov 2015, 05:20 PM   #6
randian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredOnline View Post
You can for individual accounts, but not for family or business accounts. It's a 20% discount if you pay for 5 years in advance. A smaller discount applies for fewer years. There appears to be no way to do that when you first create the account, the discounts for prepayment only show up on the renewal page or when you detach an account from a family or business.
randian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Nov 2015, 05:36 AM   #7
hankfoner
Essential Contributor

Cost of Fastmail

I just renewed my 5 year Enhanced subscription. As I am 83 years old this is looking at things optimistically! But who knows?! What I am wondering is, has the price gone up significantly since I last paid 5 years ago? I don't remember paying $160 then.

By the way, what happens to the money if I drop dead next week? Does anyone know?
Cheers,
Hank
hankfoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Nov 2015, 05:46 AM   #8
randian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankfoner View Post
What I am wondering is, has the price gone up significantly since I last paid 5 years ago? I don't remember paying $160 then. By the way, what happens to the money if I drop dead next week?
I'm pretty sure the price is the same. Did you happen to get the never to be repeated Christmas special?

You can get a refund within 2 weeks of a renewal.
Old 30 Nov 2015, 08:56 AM   #9
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
I just renewed my 5 year Enhanced subscription. As I am 83 years old this is looking at things optimistically! But who knows?! What I am wondering is, has the price gone up significantly since I last paid 5 years ago? I don't remember paying $160 then.

By the way, what happens to the money if I drop dead next week? Does anyone know?
Cheers,
Hank
If someone has access to your account, they cannot actually get the money back. However, they can downgrade you to a Lite user (which will put most of the money back in your account pool). They can then buy a gift certificate, and send it to someone else via email. Since I have every intention of living to be 100, feel free to send me your account details and I will arrange the gift certificate to myself as soon as you no longer have a need for your Fastmail account.
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Nov 2015, 09:41 AM   #10
robn
Master of the @

Representative of:
Fastmail.fm
Quote:
Instruct your next-of-kin to contact support. We're not entirely soulless; I'm sure we can work something out
robn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Nov 2015, 01:34 PM   #11
Bamb0
Master of the @

Ahhhhhh your sweet Rob
Bamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Nov 2015, 04:03 PM   #12
hankfoner
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by robn View Post
Instruct your next-of-kin to contact support. We're not entirely soulless; I'm sure we can work something out
No you are not, and that is another good reason for preferring FM to, say, Gmail. I really asked the question as a bit of a joke, as I don't think the money will be much use to me where I am going - up or down! But, seriously, if this happens a lot then maybe FM could arrange to put something in the contract which would transfer excess money to a charity - something like cancer research. Or is it too complicated?

Thanks for the replies,
Hank

P.S.

BritTim, good suggestion but as I am planning to live to 100 too, not very practical. If I pop off before, I'll try to send you a note with the password.
hankfoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Nov 2015, 04:31 PM   #13
David
Ultimate Contributor

I do hereby suggest, that Fastmail consider this: that anyone who manages to live beyond one hundred years of age, receive a five year bonus account, at whatever level they were at when they last renewed. It will not break the bank, I am thinking, only if, Fastmail (as suggested) are not completely soulless..

My disclaimer:

Please note that I am wanting (willing and able) to collect...
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Nov 2015, 04:40 PM   #14
17pm

It is now monday and no deals.

Guess no cyber-monday deals for anyone.
17pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Nov 2015, 04:44 PM   #15
randian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17pm View Post
It is now monday and no deals.

Guess no cyber-monday deals for anyone.
I think the last FM deal was the Christmas deal from 4 or 5 years ago.