EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 7 Aug 2016, 01:07 AM   #16
somdcomputerguy
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by odedp View Post
FredOnline and somdcomputerguy,

After reading your answers I reconfigured my notifier and everything works flawlessly!
Many thanks for your help.
You bet man, glad you got it working for you.

- Bruce
somdcomputerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Aug 2016, 04:02 AM   #17
horatio8

Thanks to Eric from a former FastCheck user. I too have moved on the Gmail Notifier Pro and it has worked flawlessly for quite a while.
horatio8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Aug 2016, 06:57 AM   #18
hadaso
The "e" in e-mail

I've been using Fastcheck for about 14 years, I think, both at home and at work. Gmail notifier will not work for me at work since the firewall does not let IMAP through (and also seems to not like "eventsource" that is used on the new FM web client).

But then, I really don't need FastMail notifications on my PC anymore: every time a new email comes to the inbox I feel my phone buzzing in my pocket!

Thank you Eric for making such a userful tool, that worked flawlessly for so many of us all those many years that it took the rest of the world to learn about email notification!
hadaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Aug 2016, 07:14 AM   #19
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

The end of an era. Thank you Eric for all the good work.
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Aug 2016, 03:38 PM   #20
David
Ultimate Contributor

It seems sad that Fastcheck will just go away..... Thank you spiderman - though I have not used Fastcheck for years, it was part of what made Fastmail great.

Cheers

David
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Aug 2016, 04:10 PM   #21
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
though I have not used Fastcheck for years, it was part of what made Fastmail great.
Another point of view: Fastcheck was a third party product. FM never bothered to provide anything similar.
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Aug 2016, 05:23 AM   #22
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Thanks, Eric. I used FastCheck for many years, until Fastmail introduced the new web interface and iOS clients with immediate delivery and notification.

Early email use was with POP and IMAP clients and manual or periodic refreshing. IMAP IDLE then allowed email clients to get immediate delivery of new messages. Fastmail (and nearly all other email service providers) didn't provide any client-side support for webmail. So I was happy about you coming up with FastCheck, and the coordination between you and Fastmail staff at that time.

Bil
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Aug 2016, 09:34 PM   #23
toolio

Another thank you, Eric. I used FastCheck for years. I am now using Gmail Notifier, but prefer FastCheck for its simplicity and ease of use. I'm sorry to see it go, but thanks for all the years of making monitoring my Fastmail account easy.
toolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Sep 2016, 09:34 PM   #24
PON
Essential Contributor

Another long time user of Fastcheck here. Would just like to say many thanks to Eric. It was a wonderful tool which I've used as long as I've used Fastmail (2002).
PON is offline   Reply With Quote