EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 15 Jul 2013, 09:49 AM   #1
bbbc

Pictures of FastMail.FM webmail interfaces?

Any of you guys have screenshots of the FastMail.FM interfaces (which their site lacks)? I am looking for a new email provider that is easy to navigate and offers more privacy than Gmail. It sounds like most of you hate the new UI, but with three choices, how can you go wrong. It looks like FastMail might be the way to go for ease of use - http://blog.fastmail.fm/2012/10/30/n...ns-rolled-out/ . Lavabit offers more privacy, but FastMail.FM works with YubiKeys - www.yubico.com/products/yubikey-hardware/ .
bbbc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 15 Jul 2013, 12:11 PM   #2
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Welcome to the EMD Forums, bbbc!

I think you should be careful before equating strong opinions in any forum with average opinions, no matter what the topic. I actually like the current Fastmail interface, since it provides instant update when new messages arrive, conversation view (which is useful once you get used to it), advanced search, and several other improvements.

Here is an example of a Fastmail mail listing screen. Many things can be customized, so this is just an example. For example, you can drag the separator between the folder tree and the message listing to allocate the display between the folders and messages. You can also hide the folder tree (until an icon is selected) and add a message preview pane at the right. I removed the account information from the upper right, which is what you click to get to the account setup screens. Click the file link at this site to view the image:
Example Fastmail screen

You can also sign up for a temporary account and see how you like it. I use my Enhanced account with my own personal domain and have been very happy over the several years I have used the account. The image link is to my Fastmail file storage space, with an address at an alias at a Fastmail domain. I think you will find that it's hard to find any other email service with the wide range of features provided by Fastmail. They are now owned by Opera, most of their developers are in Australia, and there main email servers are in a managed data center in New York City, NY.

Bill
n5bb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jul 2013, 04:19 PM   #3
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbc View Post
It sounds like most of you hate the new UI
Those who hate it make a lot of noise, but according to stats provided here by an FM rep some 3/4 logins are through the new interface.

Full disclosure: I don't hate, simply don't like the new interface, but see no reason to shout about it.
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jul 2013, 05:03 PM   #4
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by n5bb View Post
Here is an example of a Fastmail mail listing screen. Many things can be customized, so this is just an example. For example, you can drag the separator between the folder tree and the message listing to allocate the display between the folders and messages. You can also hide the folder tree (until an icon is selected) and add a message preview pane at the right. I removed the account information from the upper right, which is what you click to get to the account setup screens. Click the file link at this site to view the image:
Bill has selected the 'Classic theme'. With 'Standard theme' chosen, you have folder icons.

Last edited by Berenburger : 14 Jan 2019 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Link repair
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jul 2013, 03:56 AM   #5
odedp
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by janusz View Post

Full disclosure: I don't hate, simply don't like the new interface, but see no reason to shout about it.
Me too
But I do hate the idea that one day the "old" interface will vanish and I'll have to leave...
odedp is offline   Reply With Quote