EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Closed Thread

Old 18 Aug 2016, 01:24 PM   #1
pjwalsh
Essential Contributor

New FastMail Plans & Pricing

https://www.fastmail.com/pricing/

Blog announcement

Last edited by pjwalsh : 20 Aug 2016 at 03:57 AM. Reason: direct blog link

Old 18 Aug 2016, 01:29 PM   #2
rnkn

Anyone know how the new storage quota balances between mail and files?
Old 18 Aug 2016, 01:31 PM   #3
pjwalsh
Essential Contributor

$30 Basic - 2 GB mail + 1 GB files

$50 Standard - 25 + 10 GB

$90 Professional - 100 + 50 GB

Account limits
Pricing page

--
legacy plans

Last edited by pjwalsh : 20 Aug 2016 at 04:28 AM. Reason: legacy plans; pricing page
Old 18 Aug 2016, 01:32 PM   #4
neilj
Cornerstone of the Community

Representative of:
Fastmail.fm
File storage is in addition to those quotas (we don't put it on the pricing page because it confuses a lot of new users who think it might be for attachments or something). All limits detailed here: https://www.fastmail.com/help/account/limits.html
Old 18 Aug 2016, 01:57 PM   #5
rnkn

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilj View Post
File storage is in addition to those quotas (we don't put it on the pricing page because it confuses a lot of new users who think it might be for attachments or something). All limits detailed here: https://www.fastmail.com/help/account/limits.html
Thanks Neil. I think you're selling yourselves short not having something on the pricing table about FastMail's file storage — it's the best file storage I've ever used.
Old 18 Aug 2016, 02:06 PM   #6
David
Ultimate Contributor

Currently I have a 'Full' account (at $20 a year) The minimum price (when the new plans come into effect) will be $30 a year - which is a 50% increase in price...

This is a major change, to be sure...
Old 18 Aug 2016, 02:10 PM   #7
robn
Master of the @

Representative of:
Fastmail.fm
Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Currently I have a 'Full' account (at $20 a year) The minimum price (when the new plans come into effect) will be $30 a year - which is a 50% increase in price...
From the blog post:

Quote:
For existing users on our previous plans there’s no change. Your current plan is unchanged and continues to offer the same features, for the same price as before.
This change is predominantly aimed at new customers, who often our found our pricing structure difficult to understand. If you're happy with your current plan then just keep using it.
Old 18 Aug 2016, 02:13 PM   #8
David
Ultimate Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by robn View Post

This change is predominantly aimed at new customers, who often our found our pricing structure difficult to understand. If you're happy with your current plan then just keep using it.
Thanks robn, I missed that. I was too quick off the mark, I guess.
Old 18 Aug 2016, 02:33 PM   #9
grimmrimmer

Grrrr... I was in the middle of a trial and JUST about to purchase a family plan and then this dropped. I'm not sure what to do as the alternative is much more expensive regarding the newer plans for my purposes. I sent an email to the FM support staff and was told that it's not possible for me to purchase a legacy plan. Is this true, or can I plead with one of the FM contacts here to help me out with an exception?
Old 18 Aug 2016, 02:41 PM   #10
David
Ultimate Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimmrimmer View Post
Grrrr... I was in the middle of a trial and JUST about to purchase a family plan and then this dropped. I'm not sure what to do as the alternative is much more expensive regarding the newer plans for my purposes. I sent an email to the FM support staff and was told that it's not possible for me to purchase a legacy plan. Is this true, or can I plead with one of the FM contacts here to help me out with an exception?
You could try arguing, that as you are in the middle of a trial, that it is not really a legacy plan for you......

The days of Christmas presents from Fastmail are long gone I guess.

Welcome to the forums!
Old 18 Aug 2016, 02:50 PM   #11
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Currently I have a 'Full' account (at $20 a year) The minimum price (when the new plans come into effect) will be $30 a year - which is a 50% increase in price.
Although it's $10 more, there's 100% more storage (1GB vs 2GB), so overall it's better value.
Old 18 Aug 2016, 02:52 PM   #12
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Did you try to purchase, and it failed, or did you just contact FM instead?
Old 18 Aug 2016, 02:54 PM   #13
grimmrimmer

Quote:
You could try arguing, that as you are in the middle of a trial, that it is not really a legacy plan for you......

The days of Christmas presents from Fastmail are long gone I guess.

Welcome to the forums!
Thanks for the welcome. It's just frustrating timing. Yeah, that's what I tried to say to them. Technically my trial says "Enhanced" plan...
Old 18 Aug 2016, 02:55 PM   #14
grimmrimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredOnline View Post
Did you try to purchase, and it failed, or did you just contact FM instead?
There's no option to purchase the old plan. When I click "Pay now" from the trial, it just brings me to a page of the new plans. I contacted them after that.
Old 18 Aug 2016, 03:00 PM   #15
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
There's no option to purchase the old plan. When I click "Pay now" from the trial, it just brings me to a page of the new plans. I contacted them after that.
As robn quoted in post #7:

For existing users on our previous plans there’s no change. Your current plan is unchanged and continues to offer the same features, for the same price as before.

I suppose you could argue that you're already an "existing user", or just pay for a new plan.

Apologies in advance if you can't afford to pay more.
Closed Thread