EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 11 Mar 2005, 10:50 AM   #1
flinchlock

Gloabl INBOX on IMAP Server?

Can Outlook Express/Outlook/Thunderbird/Mulberry/??? have many different aliases/personalites that use/share the same login/mailbox on my mail provides web site?

I want...

POPuser_at_whatever.com \
POPuser1_at_whatever.edu -> IMAPuser_at_allmail.org
POPuser2_at_whatever.edu /
POPuser3_at_whatever.edu /
POPuser4_at_whatever.edu /
POPuser5_at_whatever.edu /
IMAPuser_at_whatever.net /

I want all those users to use/share the same INBOX. folder structure on the IMAP server.

They can all have whatever IMAP/SMTP/POP3 settings, but I want them to use all the same folders on the server.

Mike

P.S. What I'm really trying to do, is find a way to have many (100+) personalities, but all the incoming/outgoing Email in one IMAP Server Inbox with subfolders.
flinchlock is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11 Mar 2005, 01:40 PM   #2
marcus0263
Cornerstone of the Community

Yep, Mulberry does, works very well.
marcus0263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Mar 2005, 07:32 PM   #3
flinchlock

Quote:
Originally posted by marcus0263
Yep, Mulberry does, works very well.
OK... can you please point me to some more detailed help/info?

When I type "global" into Mulberry's Help (v3.1.6), I get this very helpful nessage box, "No Topics found.".

Mike

P.S. I've been trying the evaluation version for a few days, and I must say, pretty dxxm confusing!

EDIT: Yes I searched for "global", not "gloabl" I have in the title! Geezzzzz!!

Last edited by flinchlock : 11 Mar 2005 at 09:03 PM.
Old 11 Mar 2005, 09:41 PM   #4
marcus0263

http://www.cyrusoft.com/mulberry/support/docs.html

Don't look for "Global" what you want is identities. I've got multiple mail accounts at this time. I'm searching for a new provider so I'm evaluating each service. Each address is tied to an identity that I configure in the preference. You can create multiple identities and tie them to each address, account, or identity. Then you can configure the reply, from, to, cc, bcc, etc.. for each identity. You can also create multiple users, etc.. etc... You can configure all your mail to end up in one mail box, or multiple boxes. It also fully supports SEIVE which I plan on exploring shortly.

This is by far the most powerful mail client I have ever used. You can customize almost everything, plus there's an admin tool you can download to configure the installation file for multiple installs. There is a learning curve because of the options you have, but nothing brutal. When I think I've explored all the options with it I find more.

One thing I should mention is thier licensing is pretty decent. You pay for the software and that includes your installs on laptops, servers and the like. Mulberry also supports Linux, Mac, and Unix.

Again there is a learning curve because of all the features, but stick with it and you'll really find out what you can do with it.
Old 11 Mar 2005, 10:00 PM   #5
flinchlock

Quote:
Originally posted by marcus0263
Don't look for "Global" what you want is identities.
OK.
Quote:
One thing I should mention is thier licensing is pretty decent. You pay for the software and that includes your installs on laptops, servers and the like. Mulberry also supports Linux, Mac, and Unix.
So, I can install it on my PC booted as XP or booted as SuSE... right?

THANKS,
Mike
Old 11 Mar 2005, 10:48 PM   #6
marcus0263

Quote:
Originally posted by flinchlock
OK.So, I can install it on my PC booted as XP or booted as SuSE... right?
Yep, I've got it installed on my Linux, Solaris, and Winbloats box. Stick with it, and you'll see what I mean about the options. There is a learning curve but when you see what you can do with it you'll understand why. The rules (filters) and scripting with SIEVE are really powerful. Plus there's not really an IMAP client that compares. It will handle POP3 but IMAP is where it really shines. I'm using the 4.0a7 beta and really like it. It's got a few more goodies like calender and options in the account set up to attach to an LDAP, SIEVE server etc.. I believe they should be releasing 4.x shortly. The beta has been stable and working fine for me so far.

Go to the preferences and that's where you set up your identities, profiles, and users. If you're going to have multiple people and installations try out the Mulberry Administrator.

Good Luck.