EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 14 Jan 2014, 09:46 PM   #46
bluebit

Quote:
Originally Posted by robn View Post
Damn, clarifying not so clear. I've updated my comment.

Enhanced and Premier (personal and family) get CalDAV. Lite and Full do not.

(For future reference, family and personal service levels are identical).
I still believe that not including CalDAV with Full accounts is a bad idea. I'm still relatively new to FastMail after moving my family from a free (and grandfathered) Google Apps account a little after FastMail announced that they had purchased the business from Opera. That blog post was one of the motivating reasons why I choose FastMail, particularly for this comment:

Quote:
What sort of things do you have planned?

A hugely improved mobile interface, CardDAV support to allow synchronisation of contacts between devices, a calendaring service including CalDAV support for synchronisation of events between devices, improved backend and searching performance. All these things are currently in active development and slated for release within the next year.
While I have an Enhanced account, the remainder of my family emails a little less than I do and have Full accounts. However, they all have iPhones...
bluebit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jan 2014, 10:00 PM   #47
kew

I've been playing with this on my Mac and iPhone, both with the standard calendar apps and Fantastical on both platforms and as far as I can tell it's working perfectly. Thanks!
kew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2014, 12:29 AM   #48
jeffhammett

I added my calendar to my Mac and imported a number of entries from my iCloud calendar yesterday morning. I then added the calendar to my iPhone and was waiting for the entries to sync.
Not long after I got a prompt on my Mac for my Fastmail calendar password, I tried entering it and it did not accept it.
I then got the same prompt on my iPhone.

I didn't have time to look into it further so I ignored it and didn't do anything else. My email was working fine on my Mac and iPhone.

This morning when I woke up my email on my iPhone was working fine. When I turned on my computer Mail gave me a prompt asking for my Fastmail password and wouldn't accept it. I then tried to login to the Fastmail website and was told that I exceeded my hourly login limit.

I removed my Fastmail calendar from my Mac and iPhone.

Not long after (less than an hour from the time I turned on my computer) Mail downloaded my messages and I was able to login to the Fastmail webmail.

I can't be sure this was related, but I've never had a problem like this before.

I have a personal Enhanced account.
jeffhammett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2014, 07:42 AM   #49
kew

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffhammett View Post
I added my calendar to my Mac and imported a number of entries from my iCloud calendar yesterday morning. I then added the calendar to my iPhone and was waiting for the entries to sync.
Not long after I got a prompt on my Mac for my Fastmail calendar password, I tried entering it and it did not accept it.
I then got the same prompt on my iPhone.

I didn't have time to look into it further so I ignored it and didn't do anything else. My email was working fine on my Mac and iPhone.

This morning when I woke up my email on my iPhone was working fine. When I turned on my computer Mail gave me a prompt asking for my Fastmail password and wouldn't accept it. I then tried to login to the Fastmail website and was told that I exceeded my hourly login limit.

I removed my Fastmail calendar from my Mac and iPhone.

Not long after (less than an hour from the time I turned on my computer) Mail downloaded my messages and I was able to login to the Fastmail webmail.

I can't be sure this was related, but I've never had a problem like this before.

I have a personal Enhanced account.
I've noticed behavior like this with unstable Internet connections. For what that's worth.
Old 15 Jan 2014, 09:43 AM   #50
mballas
Essential Contributor

The link to the caldav server was working fine this afternoon,
but now I am getting this:

The URL https://caldav.messagingengine.com/d...s/user/....../ encountered HTTP error 404. Make sure the URL is correct.

Does that mean the server has gone down?
mballas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2014, 09:50 AM   #51
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mballas View Post
but now I am getting this: ... Does that mean the server has gone down?
Yes, it seems to be down right now. They are running it only on the beta login for good reasons! It will probably be down from time to time as they perform upgrades to the development code.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2014, 09:56 AM   #52
kew

I don't know if this is considered a bug, but I changed the color of my Personal calendar in the OS X Calendar app to something custom, and the color in the FM web calendar disappeared, so the text is now black.
Old 15 Jan 2014, 10:01 AM   #53
robn
Master of the @

Representative of:
Fastmail.fm
Quote:
Originally Posted by n5bb View Post
Yes, it seems to be down right now. They are running it only on the beta login for good reasons! It will probably be down from time to time as they perform upgrades to the development code.
Yep, frequent restarts all through the (Melbourne) day. There's a lot of stuff happening all the time, its great fun

On that specific problem (the 404) we managed to break something in the code that turns a URL into a mailbox handle. Its being worked on right now.
robn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2014, 10:02 AM   #54
brong
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Fastmail.fm
Quote:
Originally Posted by kew View Post
I don't know if this is considered a bug, but I changed the color of my Personal calendar in the OS X Calendar app to something custom, and the color in the FM web calendar disappeared, so the text is now black.
kew - that's almost certainly a bug. I suspect it's because we're using 6 hex digits, and apple are using 8 (gamma as well). I'll ping neilj about it. We did notice the field the other day when playing around with syncing to iCloud (we don't sync colours with external services right now)
brong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2014, 10:07 AM   #55
kew

Quote:
Originally Posted by brong View Post
kew - that's almost certainly a bug. I suspect it's because we're using 6 hex digits, and apple are using 8 (gamma as well). I'll ping neilj about it. We did notice the field the other day when playing around with syncing to iCloud (we don't sync colours with external services right now)
Great, thanks.
Old 15 Jan 2014, 10:08 AM   #56
brong
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Fastmail.fm
Quote:
Originally Posted by mballas View Post
but now I am getting this:

The URL https://caldav.messagingengine.com/d...s/user/....../ encountered HTTP error 404. Make sure the URL is correct.

Does that mean the server has gone down?
This one I'm working on now...
brong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2014, 06:18 PM   #57
tobh

After some fiddling, CalDAV now works on my Mac, but Autodetect set it up with a different URL. Path /dav/principals/user/***@eml.cc/ instead of /dav/calendars/user/***@eml.cc/

Last edited by tobh : 15 Jan 2014 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Typo
tobh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2014, 10:47 PM   #58
kew

Quote:
Originally Posted by subdan View Post
Tried to use CalDAV with iCal.
I create an event. I delete it. And it isn't deleted. It appears again.
See video.
I'm seeing the same behavior.
Old 17 Jan 2014, 02:12 AM   #59
Mystakill
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by misc View Post
So this means that CalDAV will not be available to Full accounts at all or is this only during the testing period?
That's not a very smart move. I'm already spending nearly $100 per year for my family's email accounts. I can still maintain my Google & iCloud calendars outside of FM for no additional cost, and they're already synced up to my mobile devices. I can see not providing it for Lite accounts, but Full & up should have access to that feature.

As it is, I paid to upgrade my own account from Full to Enhanced, and still can't sync with my Google calendar. The "Find Calendars" button changes briefly (to "Verifying account details", I believe) after submitting my creds, then quickly reverts back to "Find Calendars" without displaying any of my calendars. My primary Google account address is the same as my family account, but I got the same result from using another address linked to that account.

Addendum: I also tried my iCloud calendar and that didn't work either.

Last edited by Mystakill : 17 Jan 2014 at 02:19 AM.
Mystakill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jan 2014, 02:43 AM   #60
mballas
Essential Contributor

In the account setup on iOS and OS X there is an option to sync Reminders with Caldav. Is that option available with Fastmail? If so, where can you enter the reminders?
mballas is offline   Reply With Quote