EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 24 Oct 2018, 07:55 AM   #1
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Bron Gondwana on podcast

About from 19:00 to 58:00.
https://soundcloud.com/user-98066669...-with-fastmail

Last edited by Berenburger : 24 Oct 2018 at 03:32 PM.
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 24 Oct 2018, 09:24 AM   #2
redge

I listened to the whole 40 minutes and I came away wondering why Mr. Gondwana agreed to be interviewed by this idiot.

I think that it would be a really good idea if FastMail would do some videos on YouTube that talk substantively about its product and how to install, configure and use it. These would be dirt cheap to make. Instead, FastMail has several marketing videos on YouTube, which appear to have cost a bunch of money, that have zero substantive content.

When we were deciding two weeks ago whether our start-up should go with FastMail, G Suite or Office 365, FastMail's videos on YouTube were not only useless, but made me wonder whether to take FastMail seriously. For more on our decision, see this thread: Why We Chose FastMail Over G Suite and Office 365.

I just find it really odd that Mr. Gondwana has time to give a lengthy interview to some guy with a podcast, who frankly sounds like a poorly informed loon, but doesn't have time to explain his product on YouTube to people who might actually buy it.

Cheers

P.S. Unless you're a survivalist or obsessed, not just with privacy, but arcane privacy issues, you are likely to find that there is about five minutes of interesting information in this 40 minute discussion. It is a slog with very little return. For me, the most amusing part was when Mr. Gondwana explained the role of Mutual Legal Assistance Treaties, of which the interviewer was apparently completely ignorant.

Last edited by redge : 24 Oct 2018 at 10:32 AM.
redge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Oct 2018, 12:26 AM   #3
gardenweed
Cornerstone of the Community

I listened to it all.
Sounded fine to me.
Just a typical interview.
gardenweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Oct 2018, 12:55 PM   #4
redge

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenweed View Post
I listened to it all.
Sounded fine to me.
Just a typical interview.
I sincerely hope that this is not "a typical interview" of the head of a company that provides e-mail services. If it is, perhaps Mr. Gondwana could find a vehicle to discuss his service with ordinary customers who are not obsessed with how many hundreds of aliases they can use, and hiding their identity from, to use the interviewer's example, the FBI

That said, I don't doubt that there is a market for this interview among the core followers of the leader of the country in which I am currently living.

Last edited by redge : 26 Oct 2018 at 01:19 PM.
redge is offline   Reply With Quote