EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 16 Dec 2002, 12:43 AM   #1
crescentpr

Question Mailbox appearance is huge

When I access my fastmail mailbox it is about three times bigger than usual. I have to keep scrolling back and forth (left to right) to read the screen. I have had no problems until today. I checked my preferences and the display is set to small screen. (I am using a laptop.) Is there something wrong with the server or could it be something else? Thanks.
crescentpr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 16 Dec 2002, 02:46 AM   #2
injinuity
Cornerstone of the Community

Its most probably the resolution. I bet your laptop is configured at 800*600 and your pc at a higher resolution... different style sheets that you use have different settings.... I for one prefer 800*600... everything looks at its best at that resolution... try changing the style sheet that you are using... try naturals and tell me... its best viewed at 800*600..

Or it could also be that on your laptop you have the view font sizes of your browser set at a bigger size.

hope this helps you..maybe J/R can give you a better answer to this.

Jinu Johnson

Last edited by injinuity : 16 Dec 2002 at 04:25 AM.
injinuity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Dec 2002, 08:47 AM   #3
merrie

Something like this happened to me once and Rob helped me figure out what was wrong. Your situation might not be the same.

Do you have an email which contains a long URL in the body of the email? If so, the URL may not be broken up, and the line containing it will be at least as long as the URL. This causes the need to scroll horizontally.

The problem was solved by either deleting the email, or forwarding it to another email address and deleting from the fastmail inbox.

If this is not the cause of your problem, then I don't know. Good luck.
merrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Dec 2002, 11:43 AM   #4
lux
The "e" in e-mail

I agree with injinuity.

I use the default Professional Blue. It works best with 1280x1024 with folder tree. But if I change the screen resolution to 800x600, I'll have to scroll left and right...
lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Dec 2002, 12:21 PM   #5
robmueller
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Fastmail.FM
Also go to "View" menu and the "Text Size" popup. Make sure it's set at 'Medium' or 'Small' and not 'Large' or 'Largest'.

Rob
robmueller is offline   Reply With Quote