EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 27 Oct 2003, 11:41 AM   #1
swirven

Domain split in the making???

I just noticed on the settings page that the "Home Domain" button, where you can choose your domain is gone. This is a good sign to me the domain split is really fixing to happen.
swirven is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 27 Oct 2003, 12:09 PM   #2
GR8Madmax

It just asked me for the my whole e-mail address rather than just the userid when logging in. Looks like domain split is here..
GR8Madmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Oct 2003, 12:34 PM   #3
kchess79
Master of the @

I'm still getting mail at name@alias.otherdomain.tld as well as name@alias.domain.tld
kchess79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Oct 2003, 12:43 PM   #4
Jeremy Howard
Ultimate Contributor

Things are in progress. Give us a few more hours, and we'll post an update...

The Pick Domain screen will come back one day...
Jeremy Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Oct 2003, 02:26 PM   #5
Jeremy Howard
Ultimate Contributor

We've got a bit stuck, so it's not going to happen today for email addresses... We'll have a think about this tomorrow and try to come up with a plan. Sorry!
Old 27 Oct 2003, 02:33 PM   #6
Sherry

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy Howard
We've got a bit stuck, so it's not going to happen today for email addresses... We'll have a think about this tomorrow and try to come up with a plan. Sorry!
It's still Sun here so you’re still on time. In fact you have many hours before Mon morning gets here.

Sherry
Sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Oct 2003, 06:20 PM   #7
pascoa

All my friends have my emailadress as: accountamepascoa@fastmail.fm. However apparently I once signed up with accountnamepascoa@xsmail.com. If I try to sign up now I get this message:

You are trying to login to your account accountamepascoa@xsmail.com. Due to the forthcoming "domain split", you can no longer login the current way you are. You have two options:

Does this mean my fastmail.fm account will in time stop working?!! How do I change my loginaccoutn to @fastmail.fm?

HELP!
pascoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Oct 2003, 09:05 PM   #8
DrStrabismus
The "e" in e-mail

I see that the behaviour of X-Resolved-to has changed to show the home-domain rather than the original recipient domain. It is now not possible to reliably filter "wrong-domain" spam

Ultimately this is probably inevitable, but was it neccessary to do it before mail delivery stops delivering on all domains. Or is that imminent?

Last edited by DrStrabismus : 27 Oct 2003 at 09:08 PM.
DrStrabismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Oct 2003, 10:24 PM   #9
s a
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally posted by pascoa
Does this mean my fastmail.fm account will in time stop working?!! How do I change my loginaccoutn to @fastmail.fm?
As the login screen told you, you have two options;

a. direct your browser to www.xsmail.com and then login with your username and password or
b. direct your browser to www.fastmail.fm and then login with your entire email address (you@xsmail.com) and your password.

Until yesterday there was an option to change your home domain...so you could have changed your account from you@xsmail to you@fastmail but now the option is unavailable. I suggest you follow either step a or b and after the split is complete, contact support if you still want your home domain changed.
s a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Oct 2003, 03:43 AM   #10
Dave P in StLouis
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally posted by s a
As the login screen told you, you have two options;

a. direct your browser to www.xsmail.com and then login with your username and password or
b. direct your browser to www.fastmail.fm and then login with your entire email address (you@xsmail.com) and your password. . . .
Dear s a,

I tried "a" less than an hour ago. In fact, I've been logging in at www.myfastmail.com for several weeks, specifically because that was how it was supposed to work after the domain split. However, I received the same message pascoa did, and still had to enter my full e-mail address instead of my username.

Best wishes,
David P.
Dave P in StLouis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Oct 2003, 04:12 AM   #11
s a
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave P in StLouis
Dear s a,

I tried "a" less than an hour ago. In fact, I've been logging in at www.myfastmail.com for several weeks, specifically because that was how it was supposed to work after the domain split. However, I received the same message pascoa did, and still had to enter my full e-mail address instead of my username.

Best wishes,
David P.
Hi David, i'm not sure whats going on... My home domain is ftml.net and i am able to login there using just my username.
s a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Oct 2003, 04:57 AM   #12
Sherry

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave P in StLouis
Are you sure that's you're chosen domain? Look in Options/Account Status. That should show the home domain FM is using.

Sherry
Sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Oct 2003, 12:06 PM   #13
bitequator
The "e" in e-mail

Just curious, after domain split, homedomain cannot be changed again at will? So maybe to change it is basically to change the username, so just use the "Rename/Consolidate" option?

I don't need to change homedomain again, just curious.

P.S. Thanks DrS for the heads-up about X-Resolved-to change. Hopefully it'll be moot soon...
bitequator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Oct 2003, 12:18 PM   #14
Jeremy Howard
Ultimate Contributor

Rob and I think that we can have this done this week. We've worked out how to sort out the problems we found yesterday.
Old 28 Oct 2003, 02:00 PM   #15
nosrg

Any eta on when we can switch home domains again?
nosrg is offline   Reply With Quote