EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 20 Apr 2017, 12:26 AM   #1
equaeghe

Does forwarding to GMail need SRS?

I'm setting up a forward through an alias to GMail. I'm wondering whether it needs SRS checked? GMail is in the SRS example in the docs, but there is no explicit mention that GMail needs it. I'd like to know without testing, because the GMail account is not mine and I don't want to bother the recipient with testing.
equaeghe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 20 Apr 2017, 01:39 AM   #2
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

I forward all my messages from/to 2 accounts at different providers to Gmail, as a backup. It works without my doing anything with SRS (to be honest I'm not sure what SRS is and cannot be bothered to find out).
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Apr 2017, 07:38 AM   #3
SideshowBob
Essential Contributor

It probably wont make any difference, but I'd still turn it on. It wont hurt, and an SPF pass from a known forwarder might conceivably be factored into their filtering.
SideshowBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Apr 2017, 07:40 AM   #4
TenFour
Master of the @

In my experience, it doesn't require SRS but it certainly won't hurt. Gmail's spam/junk/sorting filters work really well, and I have never had much trouble having email forwarded to my Gmail account from all sorts of sources. Assuming it doesn't contain malicious code or huge spam flags, Gmail usually lets it through to your Inbox.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote