EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 31 Oct 2012, 08:05 PM   #1
marianh

Representative of:
Fastmail.fm
Link to new Interface FAQ

There is an FAQ for the new interface which you will find here.

This FAQ will be updated over the coming days with some answers to the most common questions.

In addition, we are reading your feedback in these forums too. We are trying as best we can to respond, but cannot respond to all. Please know that your feedback is being read, and recorded internally.
marianh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 31 Oct 2012, 11:09 PM   #2
robert@fm
The "e" in e-mail

So was it you who was the anonymous editor who put up this page, and also the one I link to below? I thought from the wording that it was an FM insider...

There's also a bugs list which may be of interest.
robert@fm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Oct 2012, 11:33 PM   #3
DarioMor
Essential Contributor

Nice start. But at 1st glance I wonder some more.

For example, a section in the FAQ with features wich are available, but not as-easy-to-find. Like Ctrl+M to format an editing message.

Another suggestion is to concentrate in only one place all the features users are asking for; so I dont need to describe again what others already asked here in the forum. Of course, an counter of people interested in each feature should exist.

See... I am talking about the features we LOST yesterday! If we think about all the features we have been asking in the last 5-8 years, it will be less funny.
DarioMor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Nov 2012, 05:40 AM   #4
robn
Master of the @

Representative of:
Fastmail.fm
Just to clarify, the FAQ is being managed by our support team. The bugs list linked above is not. Reporting a bug there is no guarantee that we're going to see it.

The only 100% reliable way to report a bug or issue to us is to open a support ticket. Some of us (notably marianh and johanborg) are also monitoring this forum as our time permits, and feeding issues raised into our internal tracking system as appropriate.
robn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Nov 2012, 05:54 AM   #5
mainsoft

Quote:
Originally Posted by marianh View Post
There is an FAQ for the new interface which you will find here.
This FAQ says that "Alternatively, you can go directly to https://classic.fastmail.fm and log in. " . This is wrong. Using this link leads me to the new UI.
mainsoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Nov 2012, 07:53 AM   #6
upilogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by robn View Post
The only 100% reliable way to report a bug or issue to us is to open a support ticket. Some of us (notably marianh and johanborg) are also monitoring this forum as our time permits, and feeding issues raised into our internal tracking system as appropriate.
How about testing before releasing? The simple fact that I have not been able to get two Android browsers to go past the login screen, even after adding the force query string, tells me a lot about your test plan, if you had any.

And now you're updating the FAQ after the fact?

I normally like to offer constructive reporting of issues, definitely on free/open source but even on pay product that I like. On this, I am just flabbergasted by how much incompetence is being projected out of your team with this UI release.

OMG FM, WTF?!
upilogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Nov 2012, 08:01 AM   #7
Joe Green

Quote:
Just to clarify, the FAQ is being managed by our support team. The bugs list linked above is not. Reporting a bug there is no guarantee that we're going to see it.

I can see where to open a ticket (and oh boy won't we all be hitting that a lot) but to ask a stupid question, how do I see what the existing open issues are? (All of them I mean, not just mine.) I don't want to waste my time and yours opening duplicates.
Joe Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Nov 2012, 09:53 AM   #8
robn
Master of the @

Representative of:
Fastmail.fm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Green View Post
I can see where to open a ticket (and oh boy won't we all be hitting that a lot) but to ask a stupid question, how do I see what the existing open issues are? (All of them I mean, not just mine.) I don't want to waste my time and yours opening duplicates.
Don't worry about duplicates - they're actually good, because they help us to get an idea of what things are important. If only one person reports a problem, then its likely its not a big deal for most of our users. If twenty do however, then it points to something we may want to deal with sooner rather than later.
robn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Nov 2012, 10:00 AM   #9
Joe Green

Quote:
Don't worry about duplicates - they're actually good, because they help us to get an idea of what things are important. If only one person reports a problem, then its likely its not a big deal for most of our users. If twenty do however, then it points to something we may want to deal with sooner rather than later.
Thanks. You've asked for it now

BTW, asking you for no better reason than the similarity of name, where is RobM in all this? He posted the blog entry puffing the new interface (did you see that braindead video?) but not a peep out of him since then. I hope it just means that he's too busy leading the firefighting.
Old 1 Nov 2012, 10:04 AM   #10
Joe Green

Quote:
It would be still be quicker for me to be able to look at open issues and add my vote to ones which are important to me. It would be quicker for you too, because you could just count the votes instead of trying to correlate independent tickets.
Old 1 Nov 2012, 05:26 PM   #11
mainsoft

Quote:
Originally Posted by upilogue View Post
The simple fact that I have not been able to get two Android browsers to go past the login screen...
Hi,

I had this problem too until I discovered that instead of entering xxxxx@fastmail.fm as the userid, just entering xxxxx will do. It seems that the login page code automaticfally adds @fastmail.fm to the text entered in the userid field.
mainsoft is offline   Reply With Quote