EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 13 Dec 2017, 06:33 AM   #1
akorvemaker
Master of the @

Reply Templates: Signatures or Notes

I would love to be able to have simple templates for replies to common requests I have in email.

Currently I store the templates in Notes. To access one, I need to go to the Notes screen (usually in a new tab), find the note, click Edit (to easily select and capture the formatting), copy, go back to the email, paste, cancel editing the note, and close the Notes tab. It works, but it's a pain.

In the Classic interface, there was an option to "Insert Note here" (or something like that) which would have drastically simplified this process.

I recently heard a suggestion to use email signatures in a similar way: create a signature with the full template included, and when replying, just choose that signature. Again, in the Classic interface, I think this was an option, but it was removed due to confusion in the new interface, and now we just have the Identities, each with a signature.

Is there a good way in the current interface to use any sort of template when replying? Using notes is really awkward and disruptive. Creating an Identity for each template would be tedious (with custom server settings).I'd prefer to avoid 3rd party tools so that it doesn't matter what computer I'm working from.

Any suggestions? Overall I love FM's interface, but this is one area that slows me down and feels really inefficient.

Andy
akorvemaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 13 Dec 2017, 08:39 AM   #2
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

Although not a perfect solution, I have chosen to create such templates in the Drafts folder. You can copy and paste the appropriate text from there. Certainly, some other mail clients have more convenient solutions.

I guess signatures associated with dummy identities could work. In that respect, not that you can have multiple Identities with the same From address.
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote