EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 21 Apr 2022, 06:03 AM   #16
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredOnline View Post
I actually like RC, I've used it on and off for many years, and so am comfortable with the interface.
Loading mail is slow on Purely Mail.
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Apr 2022, 02:07 AM   #17
digp
Master of the @

Hope they will switch to/support JAMP instead of IMAP.
digp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2022, 04:34 AM   #18
trussrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berenburger View Post
Loading mail is slow on Purely Mail.
News from Scott:

Some common webmail operations (sending messages, moving/adding them) should now be a bit faster and more consistent.
trussrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2022, 04:42 AM   #19
TenFour
Master of the @

Iv'e never noticed any particular slowness, but in reality I hardly ever know when an email was sent to me without looking. When I'm waiting for things like login links or security checks it seems as fast as any other email I use. Frankly, the biggest delay is often waiting for the phone app to get the email. However, that seems app related since I've been trying various apps and there are some big differences. Edison Mail seems particularly fast.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2022, 04:36 AM   #20
digp
Master of the @

Purelymail has delivery issues with email to Outlook.com / office 365 email.

Goes to junk folder.

Even on domains with a good reputation!
Old 31 May 2022, 04:38 AM   #21
TenFour
Master of the @

Quote:
Purelymail has delivery issues with email to Outlook.com / office 365 email.

Goes to junk folder.

Even on domains with a good reputation!
Not for me. I send stuff to Office 365 email all the time from my own domain via Purelymail. But, on the other hand, Outlook.com and Office 365 email are the absolute worst at randomly putting email into Junk no matter what you do. No rhyme or reason.

Last edited by TenFour : 31 May 2022 at 04:46 AM.
Old 31 May 2022, 07:02 AM   #22
digp
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFour View Post
Not for me. I send stuff to Office 365 email all the time from my own domain via Purelymail. But, on the other hand, Outlook.com and Office 365 email are the absolute worst at randomly putting email into Junk no matter what you do. No rhyme or reason.
Please can you try some outlook or o365 addresses not yours and report back? Thanks
Old 31 May 2022, 09:38 PM   #23
TenFour
Master of the @

I do send frequently emails to all sorts of places from my personal domain via Purelymail and I haven't noticed or heard of deliverability problems. Some of those emails go to my work email address on a different business domain via Microsoft 365. I don't know how I could test sending to random Microsoft 365 addresses that I don't have control of the Inbox at the other end--how would I know if the emails don't arrive? As a first test I would check two things--in your account section on Purelymail make sure under Domains your domain is passing all the DNS record checks. Then try sending an email to mail-tester.com to see what results you get. It could be your domain has a reputation problem for some reason.
Old 4 Jun 2022, 07:18 AM   #24
SideshowBob
Essential Contributor

I got a trial account yesterday. At one point I typed in purelyemail.com which is another email service. It might be a good idea to avoid the main domain for email addresses.
SideshowBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Feb 2023, 10:48 AM   #25
malcontent
Essential Contributor

How are their spam filtering?
malcontent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Feb 2023, 08:10 PM   #26
TenFour
Master of the @

I don't get enough email at the domain address to really judge their spam filters. That raises a question. If you use IMAP or POP between a couple of services what do you do about the spam folder on the source account? I find that legitimate emails get trapped there all the time, particularly if it is an Outlook or Microsoft 365 account.
Old 6 Feb 2023, 05:39 AM   #27
SideshowBob
Essential Contributor

I've never seen an IMAP account where the spam folder wasn't an ordinary folder.
SideshowBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Feb 2023, 06:04 AM   #28
TenFour
Master of the @

Quote:
I've never seen an IMAP account where the spam folder wasn't an ordinary folder.
Sorry, brain fart. I meant forwarding, not IMAP and POP. In other words the forwarding account might trap something in spam that you won't see in the receiving account. Not really specific to Purelymail, but I have noticed the problem using it.