EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Help Needed!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Help Needed! Having problems with your email service, or with the email software you're using? Post your questions and answers here!

Old 11 Dec 2014, 02:39 AM   #1
Rocco888

How do I forward a large group of specific emails on my Gmail account?

I have a Gmail account. In detail how do I forward a large group of specific emails – more than 20 and around 150. I'm guessing there has to be some program or something that allows this to be done. The instructions on Gmail might be limited. Any help or suggestions is much appreciated!
Rocco888 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11 Dec 2014, 03:18 AM   #2
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

I guess you want to forward from your Gmail account.Check under filters - one of the options is to forward.to another address.
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2014, 06:58 AM   #3
kaptitsky
The "e" in e-mail

Gmail filters will only forward new, incoming mail. They cannot be used to forward mail already received.

If it were I, I would use a mail client like Thunderbird to move mail. You can either copy mail between servers using IMAP or use the Mail Redirect extension to forward them as new to another account.

Some webmail clients offer bulk redirect, but I'll be damned if I can remember which. Maybe @Mail, maybe Hoarde.

I know how to do it with a mail client. Maybe someone else has another solution other than forwarding each piece individually.
kaptitsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2014, 03:56 PM   #4
Rocco888

Mail Chimp

Thanks what do you think about using Mail Chimp?
Rocco888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2014, 01:59 AM   #5
kaptitsky
The "e" in e-mail

I love MailChimp, but only for sending well formatted mail blasts to lists of addresses. It is a great e-mail campaign management tool.

There is no way it would do what you are asking about here, though.
Old 12 Dec 2014, 02:04 AM   #6
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptitsky View Post
Gmail filters will only forward new, incoming mail
There is a filter option (a tick box, actually) "apply to existing conversations"
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2014, 02:29 AM   #7
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by janusz View Post
There is a filter option (a tick box, actually) "apply to existing conversations"
As there long has been. And, although I haven't created a Gmail forwarding rule for quite awhile, from what I can remember when doing so, there has also long been "fine print" when creating such a filter which says something to the effect that "old emails will not be forwarded", which I take to mean "any email already received".
xmailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2014, 05:55 AM   #8
kaptitsky
The "e" in e-mail

Here is a kind of interesting workaround that uses Google Docs to forward multiple mails from Gmail. It's not quick or simple, though.

http://techawakening.org/forward-mul...gle-docs/1509/

Note that you can set up a forwarding filter in a new Gmail account, then use POP3 to collect from the first Gmail account and the messages collected will be forwarded, but there is no easy way with Gmail to only set a range of messages (like a labels worth) to be collected via POP3