EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 30 Jul 2018, 04:35 AM   #1
Prognathous
Master of the @

Any mail client for Android with support for automatic identities??

I'm looking for a mail client which (1) supports offline access and (2) automatically changes identity to the one in the To field of the mail I'm responding to (even if such identity is not pre-configured). Is there a client that supports this? Unfortunately Fastmail's own client does not meet the first requirement.

Another important requirement is that the developer of the client does not store any of my information. It seems that most do.

Thanks! :-)
Prognathous is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 30 Jul 2018, 11:05 AM   #2
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

Cant you set that up in your Fastmail account settings to reply to the email address the email was sent to?
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jul 2018, 01:42 PM   #3
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prognathous View Post
...Unfortunately Fastmail's own client does not meet the first requirement...
That was offline access.
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jul 2018, 05:56 PM   #4
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

You are probably aware of this, but one kludge is to use a text editor to compose your message, and include it in an email as an attachment. Unfortunately, that still does not give you an RTL subject line.
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jul 2018, 05:25 AM   #5
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritTim View Post
You are probably aware of this, but one kludge is to use a text editor to compose your message, and include it in an email as an attachment. Unfortunately, that still does not give you an RTL subject line.
Your post seems to be in the wrong thread, BritTim. I don’t see any request for Right To Left display in this thread, but another thread from today discusses this issue. I have seen at least one other similar post in the wrong thread by someone recently, so I wonder if there is a bug in the forum code.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jul 2018, 08:24 AM   #6
TenFour
Master of the @

Quote:
(2) automatically changes identity to the one in the To field of the mail I'm responding to (even if such identity is not pre-configured)
Lots of email clients and even web-based ones like Gmail offer offline modes and can be set to automatically respond to the email address that the original message was sent to, but not sure of any that would do so "if such identity is not pre-configured." That seems like an odd request. You can have a catch-all set up that would receive any email sent to your domain, but I don't think you can respond using whatever email address they send the message to.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jul 2018, 11:09 AM   #7
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by n5bb View Post
Your post seems to be in the wrong thread, BritTim. I don’t see any request for Right To Left display in this thread, but another thread from today discusses this issue. I have seen at least one other similar post in the wrong thread by someone recently, so I wonder if there is a bug in the forum code.

Bill
Blush! You are quite right Bill. My apologies to everyone.
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Aug 2018, 07:54 AM   #8
akorvemaker
Master of the @

I use Aquamail, but it does require me to pre-configure the identities. Apart from that it seems to work well and might suit your needs.
akorvemaker is offline   Reply With Quote