EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 29 Apr 2014, 04:29 AM   #16
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtonMail View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm Jason Stockman, a developer with ProtonMail. We're discovering (thanks to Beta support tickets and this forum thread actually) that we have some Javascript bugs related to the UI and animations in Firefox on Linux and unfortunately those errors are breaking core functionality on the Compose pages. We should have a fix in place over the next hour or so, but in the meantime if you'd like to try things out you may have better luck with Safari or Chrome, at least until we have a Firefox patch in place this afternoon.

We do expect a lot of usability bugs over the next few days, but it's a shame this specific bug prevents core functionality. It's likely a bug that I personally wrote as the front-end developer and I'm sorry about that.

I hope you'll come back and give us another try later today.

If anyone else has a problem at all with the site, you can contact me/us directly through our site or post here - we'll keep an on eye on both sides!

Cheers,
Jason
I didn't think to clarify above, but since you mentioned Linux above and in your more recent email of today, perhaps I should clarify that I use Firefox with Windows, and that's what isn't working properly for me (as of my last check), not Firefox with Linux, which I haven't tried, since I don't use Linux.
xmailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Apr 2014, 05:27 AM   #17
ProtonMail

Representative of:
ProtonMail.ch
Direct Support

Hi xmailer,

I don't want to take over this thread and make it support related, so please feel free to contact me directly and I'll do what I can take get you setup if you're still interested.

jason at protonmail dot ch

Jason
ProtonMail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Apr 2014, 05:59 AM   #18
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

I think I understand your point in not wanting to use this thread to deal with every individual support issue, I just wanted to clarify that one point here at the moment "for the record". It's a busy day for me in general, but I'll be with you more directly about any individual support issues.
Old 29 Apr 2014, 07:32 AM   #19
jarland
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
MXRoute.com
Got my account made late last night. Really love the webmail. Nice and clean.
jarland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Apr 2014, 08:15 AM   #20
Just Bill

It took less than an hour for me to be granted a beta account following the request.
Just Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Apr 2014, 09:10 AM   #21
rockman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarland View Post
Got my account made late last night. Really love the webmail. Nice and clean.
Yes, it reminds me of Rainloop webmail. Writing a mail client from scratch ain't easy. Commendable effort so far. They can only improve with user feedback.
rockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Apr 2014, 11:23 AM   #22
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockman View Post
Yes, it reminds me of Rainloop webmail. Writing a mail client from scratch ain't easy. Commendable effort so far. They can only improve with user feedback.
I'm hoping I can login to my account again so as to see what you're referring to. Today I can't even get past the login screen at all. Hopefully I'll get there again someday yet. (I've reply emailed the service and am awaiting a response.)
Old 29 Apr 2014, 11:54 AM   #23
David
Ultimate Contributor

I have requested a beta account. We are overdue, anything at all that could be considered superlative, here at emd
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Apr 2014, 12:12 PM   #24
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

I'm not sure I've ever had so much trouble just trying to login to a new email account for the first and second time. But that's okay, I'm willing to give a try to a new 'beta beta' service.
Old 29 Apr 2014, 02:00 PM   #25
somdcomputerguy
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmailer View Post
I'm not sure I've ever had so much trouble just trying to login to a new email account for the first and second time. But that's okay, I'm willing to give a try to a new 'beta beta' service.
I had trouble logging in, after I created an account and then logged out. However, after closing the tab and then opening a new one, I was able to login successfully.

- Bruce

edit: I just tried logging in again, after my browser had been closed and my laptop re-booted, and I had to enter my info twice. The first time, I got the red banner stating 'wrong username or password', but the second attempt (with the same info) was successful. The email address that the beta invite approval comes from is 'no-reply@...', their support email address is 'ProtonMail Support <support@protonmail.ch>'.

another edit: I forget what the exact cause of this issue was, I do remember it being somewhat browser related, but it's been resolved for quite a while now.. I just figured I'd add an update to this post.

Last edited by somdcomputerguy : 17 May 2014 at 01:02 AM. Reason: another edit
somdcomputerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Apr 2014, 02:23 PM   #26
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by somdcomputerguy View Post
I had trouble logging in, after I created an account and then logged out. However, after closing the tab and then opening a new one, I was able to login successfully.

- Bruce

edit: I just tried logging in again, after my browser had been closed and my laptop re-booted, and I had to enter my info twice. The first time, I got the red banner stating 'wrong username or password', but the second attempt (with the same info) was successful. The email address that the beta invite approval comes from is 'no-reply@...', their support email address is 'ProtonMail Support <support@protonmail.ch>'.
I had a very similar, if not identical, experience the first, and last, time I succeeded in logging in. However, no matter how many times I've attempted repeating that procedure, I've only gotten the "wrong user name or password" message. No luck at all. In private correspondence with the proprietors, they removed my "approved" name and I started over again by selecting a new user name and, after they "approved" it, I've since been unable to login no matter how, or how long, I've tried.

I honestly don't see how I could possibly be doing anything "wrong" with such extremely simple directions, whether it's a problem of some kind with my browser or who knows what. But it simply doesn't work for me. And failing to do something as basic as logging into an "approved" email account through what should be such a simple procedure, I really see nothing further worth doing but giving up at this time. Perhaps later it may be worth a try, but I'm not going to spend my whole life just trying to log into an email account.
Old 29 Apr 2014, 06:23 PM   #27
Bamb0
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockman
Optionally password encrypt email to non-ProtonMail users
Excellent....... Like Hushmail!!

Thank you for the link!
Bamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Apr 2014, 04:14 AM   #28
ProtonMail

Representative of:
ProtonMail.ch
ProtonMail Support

Hi all,

We're noticing a lot of issues with Firefox, but I just pushed a change to hopefully increase support for that. Some of you have contacted me directly and that's probably your best bet for a reply at this point.

In general we have close to full support for Chrome and Safari and limited support on Firefox and IE. Our goal is to have full support for the latest versions of each over the next week or so, so thanks for bearing with us as we get that done.
ProtonMail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Apr 2014, 10:16 AM   #29
JeffK

ProtonMail, please contact forum moderator Edwin so that he can register you as an email service representative.

Thank you.
JeffK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Apr 2014, 10:24 AM   #30
David
Ultimate Contributor

After applying for a beta account I registered and received a 'username' and 'password' but was never able to login. I use Firefox web browser and my experience emulated xmailer's.

Though I am very interested in opening an account, I am not likely to switch away from Firefox anytime soon. That said I do intend to persevere.
David is offline   Reply With Quote