EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 14 Nov 2008, 02:24 AM   #1
pingme97
Essential Contributor

Smile Runbox Promotion $99 for 3 years

Not sure if anyone noticed it earlier, Runbox seems to be running a promotion where its offering its 3 year service plan for $99. That's exactly same price runbox used to be earlier before its famous price increase

Just thought of highlighting to all who may be interested..

PS: I do not represent runbox. I used to use the server till they increase the price and returning back with this offer...
pingme97 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 14 Nov 2008, 05:17 AM   #2
malcontent
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingme97 View Post
Not sure if anyone noticed it earlier, Runbox seems to be running a promotion where its offering its 3 year service plan for $99. That's exactly same price runbox used to be earlier before its famous price increase

Just thought of highlighting to all who may be interested..

PS: I do not represent runbox. I used to use the server till they increase the price and returning back with this offer...
Is there a direct link for this offer/price?
malcontent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Nov 2008, 06:25 AM   #3
digp
Master of the @

It seems to be for new subscribers (click "subscribe me")

3 years for the price of 2 - Financial rescue plan: 33% off; save EUR 40.85

Q: whose financial rescue - theirs or ours?
digp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Nov 2008, 07:34 AM   #4
malcontent
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by digp View Post
It seems to be for new subscribers (click "subscribe me")

3 years for the price of 2 - Financial rescue plan: 33% off; save EUR 40.85

Thanks for the reply. I'm still not seeing this deal on the runbox website. All I see is the 30 day trial option for signing up. Only prices I've found were $49 a year, $19.95 for sub-accounts. I haven't found the "subscribe me" link on runbox website.
Old 14 Nov 2008, 11:05 PM   #5
tomhab
Essential Contributor

Well, when I log in click Accounts->Upgrades, I see a price of €79 for 3 years, which, according to xe.com = $100. Close enough to $99
tomhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Nov 2008, 12:25 AM   #6
malcontent
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhab View Post
Well, when I log in click Accounts->Upgrades, I see a price of €79 for 3 years, which, according to xe.com = $100. Close enough to $99
It wasn't mentioned that you had to register first to be able to see this price. It would mean new users have to sign up for the 30 day trial first, in order to even see this deal.
Old 15 Nov 2008, 01:03 PM   #7
Geir
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
This special offer is available to both new users and existing subscribers from our payment options page at https://secure.runbox.com/payment/payinfo (linked from Account:Upgrades).

- Geir
Geir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Nov 2008, 01:33 PM   #8
malcontent
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geir View Post
This special offer is available to both new users and existing subscribers from our payment options page at https://secure.runbox.com/payment/payinfo (linked from Account:Upgrades).

- Geir
You still need to be a registered user to SEE this offer. I don't like signing up for a service blind. Why not a link to this offer that doesn't require people to be a registered user? Why not advertise this offer on the home page of your website?
Old 16 Nov 2008, 09:56 AM   #9
ultra

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
I don't like signing up for a service blind.
I would have thought most people would register for a trial (rather than spend cash 'blind' as you put it) so they would presumably see that there is such a promotion running. Must admit I missed seeing the offer of web hosting a couple of years ago that was in some newsletter (as I found out here later) but I guess that whatever methods are used to promote such a service will find some people miss out on seeing it...

Anyway, I came to the forum tonight because I wanted to check on what was being discussed following a query from a friend... " I'm thinking of switching but Runbox is expensive....any recommendations ?"

At least now I can tell him that there is a deal available, should he wish to reconsider RB (instead of using an alternative he mentioned, which I also use, and have no complaints about).

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
Why not advertise this offer on the home page of your website?
I think that would be worth doing - unless the 79 Euro {hmmmm... let's see how the Euro compares with the dollar - as usual we pay more (but only 1.2%)} deal only works after one has a subscription (ie a benefit for existing customers, not available to new customers).

Of course it runs the risk of still disappointing existing customers if they only hear about it after the deal has ended!!

For example, my sub has 18 months to go, and while this is a nice discount, it's a bit much to spend right now - I may not be alive then
ultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Nov 2008, 04:30 AM   #10
stuart_w

well, I went mad last time there was an offer on, and I have successfully added another three years to my subscription with this special offer - which now runs to 2016!
stuart_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Nov 2008, 12:26 PM   #11
adrian44

Quote:
Originally Posted by digp View Post
I
Good question! Whose rescue plan?
adrian44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Nov 2008, 12:28 PM   #12
adrian44

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart_w View Post
well, I went mad last time there was an offer on, and I have successfully added another three years to my subscription with this special offer - which now runs to 2016!
Unfortunately money out the window It's a well known fact the the world will end in 2015
adrian44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Dec 2008, 04:24 AM   #13
kservik
Cornerstone of the Community

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Just a good offer :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian44 View Post
Good question! Whose rescue plan?
We just wanted to make the first account more affordable as people feel the effects of the downturn in the global economy. We feel we already offer a very good deal on multiple accounts.

The fact is that the financial downturn has led to higher income for Runbox, as the value of both Euro and US dollar has increased.

Kim
kservik is offline   Reply With Quote