EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 10 Apr 2024, 07:47 PM   #61
evfrson

They are also discriminating against users on the 'old' Professional plan by not increasing the storage allocation, as they have done on the Basic and Standard plans, presumably because the Professional plan customers are more likely to use any additional storage added to their plan.
evfrson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Apr 2024, 08:44 PM   #62
TheJapanese

Quote:
Originally Posted by evfrson View Post
They are also discriminating against users on the 'old' Professional plan....
As far as I know, that general new pricing and plan structure is discriminating at all. This is illegal within EU. I'm curious to see when the first one will sue Fastmail.
TheJapanese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Apr 2024, 08:44 PM   #63
TheJapanese

Quote:
Love the way Fastmail adds extra storage to try and justify the price increase, knowing full well the vast majority of users will not use anywhere near that amount.
Fastmail is getting worse! Cannot understand why they are behaving like this at the moment?!
Old 10 Apr 2024, 09:00 PM   #64
evfrson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJapanese View Post
Fastmail is getting worse! Cannot understand why they are behaving like this at the moment?!
It is very strange. They used to be a friendly, communicative company, Now they are the opposite and seem to be going out of their way to annoy their customers.
evfrson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Apr 2024, 10:31 PM   #65
TheJapanese

Quote:
I... Now they are the opposite and seem to be going out of their way to annoy their customers.
Exactly my point.
Old 11 Apr 2024, 03:03 AM   #66
guest2k
Cornerstone of the Community

Fastmail:

Quote:
We’ll be moving everyone to our new plans and pricing later this year, as soon as we’re able to. This will include billing you in the local currency of your billing country when supported.

We’ll email you at least 30 days before your first renewal under the new plans to ensure you have all the details, including the price of your renewal, which may change. You’ll also have the option to switch to our Duo or Family plan at that time.
Sit back, relax, and decide...
guest2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Apr 2024, 08:17 AM   #67
NumberSix

Quote:
As far as I know, that general new pricing and plan structure is discriminating at all. This is illegal within EU. I'm curious to see when the first one will sue Fastmail.
Illegal? That's quite an accusation. Can you explain to us what exactly is illegal about it?
NumberSix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Apr 2024, 10:35 AM   #68
Heartz
Essential Contributor

For a single user like me, I just downgraded my current standard account that runs for about $3.19 per month to 2 years, and then upgraded it back to 3 years to get the full 3 years on the old price. In any case, the rise is acceptable to me.
Heartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Apr 2024, 07:10 PM   #69
nudge

I didn't realize at first but these changes are very good for us. Firstly I was running an account at Pro level which had nearly 30GB of mail so I've downgraded it to Standard now that allows for upto 50GB. Secondly the family pricing is very attractive and will save us quite a bit when we are able to make the change. I guess it will cause me some admin hassle to re-organize stuff but it'll probably be worth it in the long term.

Also Fastmail have removed the ugly hide Folders> thing they added on Monday so it looks like I'm ending the week on a very happy note
nudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Apr 2024, 07:47 PM   #70
ankupan

Pro = $ 9 / 100 GB
Family = $ 11 / 300 GB

Paying $ 2 extra will give 200 GB Extra.
ankupan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Apr 2024, 08:17 PM   #71
TheJapanese

Quote:
Originally Posted by nudge View Post
Also Fastmail have removed the ugly hide Folders> thing they added on Monday so it looks like I'm ending the week on a very happy note
So you're happy that you pay much more at the moment as an existing user comparing the new family plan? For a family of 4-5 people it is really much money in my opinion. But maybe you're only 2-3 people?
Old 11 Apr 2024, 10:04 PM   #72
aoeuaoeu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartz View Post
For a single user like me, I just downgraded my current standard account that runs for about $3.19 per month to 2 years, and then upgraded it back to 3 years to get the full 3 years on the old price. In any case, the rise is acceptable to me.
Would a kind reader give step-by-step instructions for doing this, please -- 'change subscription length' followed by renewal? I think I can figure out but I'm not 100% sure and it looks as if there may well be broad interest in this method!
aoeuaoeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Apr 2024, 10:13 PM   #73
nudge

Quote:
So you're happy that you pay much more at the moment as an existing user comparing the new family plan? For a family of 4-5 people it is really much money in my opinion. But maybe you're only 2-3 people?
Frankly dear, I don't give a damn. I spend money on services like email accounts and domain names. If someone else gets something similar but cheaper good for them. Life isn't about getting more for less.
Old 11 Apr 2024, 10:42 PM   #74
nudge

Anyone remember when you could pay your Fastmail bill in bitcoin ?

Guess those that did so are very happy to have spent their coin wisely

I didn't do that but I have often wondered if Fastmail made serious money out of that idea
Old 13 Apr 2024, 04:57 PM   #75
Heartz
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoeuaoeu View Post
Would a kind reader give step-by-step instructions for doing this, please -- 'change subscription length' followed by renewal? I think I can figure out but I'm not 100% sure and it looks as if there may well be broad interest in this method!
On the renewal page, first select "Change Length of subscription" and move it to 2 years. Then do the same thing after renewal to 3 years.

In both scenarios, they refund the balance and then put your account on the new term. Regardless, fastmail is great value.
Heartz is offline   Reply With Quote