EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 23 Jul 2018, 11:12 PM   #1
edu

Suggestion: Contact forms in our websites

I see that many email companies are offering to their members owning some domain the possibility to add a "contact form" in their websites, and so they can receive emails end-to-end encrypted directly (tutanota, hushmail, etc)
I'd like to see something like that with Fastmail too.
edu is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 24 Jul 2018, 03:05 AM   #2
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

https://www.fastmail.com/support/ and then Create Ticket.

Last edited by Berenburger : 24 Jul 2018 at 05:31 AM. Reason: Confusion in text
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2018, 04:03 AM   #3
edu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berenburger View Post
Contact Us https://www.fastmail.com/support/ and then Create Ticket.
I know, but I'd like to read your opinions too.
Old 24 Jul 2018, 05:33 AM   #4
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by edu View Post
I know, but I'd like to read your opinions too.
My? I’m not a FM employee.
Old 24 Jul 2018, 05:38 AM   #5
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
I see that many email companies are offering to their members owning some domain the possibility to add a "contact form" in their websites, and so they can receive emails end-to-end encrypted directly (tutanota, hushmail, etc)
I wasn't aware that "many email companies" offer this option.

You've quoted Tutanota and Hushmail, and I've looked at both offerings and they're expensive add-ons.

Can you advise some of the other "many email companies"?
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2018, 05:47 AM   #6
edu

Quote:
My? I’m not a FM employee.
So, donīt you have an opinion if you have a domain, a website and "maybe" would like something like that?, or do you consider it a nonsense?. If thatīs your answer please avoid this question. Thanks.
Old 24 Jul 2018, 05:49 AM   #7
edu

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredOnline View Post
I wasn't aware that "many email companies" offer this option.

You've quoted Tutanota and Hushmail, and I've looked at both offerings and they're expensive add-ons.

Can you advise some of the other "many email companies"?
I saw it before but I canīt remember in what other companies. Maybe posting "many" was excessive.
Old 24 Jul 2018, 06:27 AM   #8
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
So, donīt you have an opinion if you have a domain, a website and "maybe" would like something like that?, or do you consider it a nonsense?. If thatīs your answer please avoid this question. Thanks.
I misunderstood your question.
Old 24 Jul 2018, 08:16 AM   #9
Grhm
Essential Contributor

I've never come across this before, but on the face of it, it sounds like an excellent idea.
Were Fastmail to offer this service, I would use it.
Grhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2018, 03:37 PM   #10
edu

From Support:

Using the information you provided (thanks again), I've created a task for our developers to evaluate the impact of adding a section for generating and managing Contact Forms to the FastMail interface. I definitely see how this could be a useful feature for our users who maintain websites at their personal domains.

I'd be happy to pass along any comments or updates.
Old 25 Jul 2018, 02:15 PM   #11
edu

Quote:
I misunderstood your question.
No problem. Thank you Berenburger.

Last edited by edu : 25 Jul 2018 at 04:23 PM.
Old 29 Jul 2018, 07:13 AM   #12
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

I hope that Fastmail investigates this concept. I can imagine some uses:
  • Comment form on a website: Many websites have a method for sending in a comment (or registering for something) by filling in a web form. Fastmail might provide some server-side features for member websites which would process entries in such forms to create an automatic email to your account, automatically create a note, or in some other manner collect such web form entries. It would also be nice if such automatic emails or notes could be scanned and analyzed, for example to let you create polls or create a signup list for an event in a CSV file.
  • Normally there is no direct method of verifying the true identity of someone filling in such a form on your website, so a bad agent could send you spam or overload your Inbox in this way. So you would want some method of rate limiting inputs from a particular IP address.
  • You could come up with a method of sharing a secret to verify the identity of the sender, but again they could just get a Fastmail account and send you an email directly and the contents would be securely contained within the Fastmail system and so would be secure.
Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jul 2018, 03:57 PM   #13
edu

Great ideas Bill. That would be.great. Thanks for the answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n5bb View Post
I hope that Fastmail investigates this concept. I can imagine some uses:
  • Comment form on a website: Many websites have a method for sending in a comment (or registering for something) by filling in a web form. Fastmail might provide some server-side features for member websites which would process entries in such forms to create an automatic email to your account, automatically create a note, or in some other manner collect such web form entries. It would also be nice if such automatic emails or notes could be scanned and analyzed, for example to let you create polls or create a signup list for an event in a CSV file.
  • Normally there is no direct method of verifying the true identity of someone filling in such a form on your website, so a bad agent could send you spam or overload your Inbox in this way. So you would want some method of rate limiting inputs from a particular IP address.
  • You could come up with a method of sharing a secret to verify the identity of the sender, but again they could just get a Fastmail account and send you an email directly and the contents would be securely contained within the Fastmail system and so would be secure.
Bill