EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 9 Sep 2017, 02:45 PM   #1
Grhm
Essential Contributor

Websites on mobile web interface

Hi
Does anybody know if it is possible to access the 'file storage websites' facility using the mobile version of the new web interface?
Thanks,
Graham

Edit:
In case it's not clear what I'm talking about, on the desktop version of the web interface there's a screen named 'file storage websites', which is accessed from Main menu / Files / Websites .
I'd like to be able to perform the functions of that screen using the mobile version of the web interface, but I can't see how to do it.
As an aside, can one perform those functions with the Fastmail app?

Last edited by Grhm : 10 Sep 2017 at 02:23 AM. Reason: Adding clarification and supplementary question.
Grhm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10 Sep 2017, 09:23 AM   #2
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Arrow Old Classic style screens not compatible with smaller mobile devices

My comments below are for Apple iOS mobile devices. The quick answer is no, you can't use the Fastmail app or website on small mobile devices (such as any size iPhone) to access that screen. But you can use an iPad.

There appear to be two different mobile device Fastmail displays. This is true for both the Fastmail iOS app and the website (viewed using the standard Safari built-in browser).
  • Large mobile devices (such as the iPad 9.7 and larger models - I don't have a smaller iPad, but I assume all iPads fall into this category) --- These show a display similar to that shown with a regular PC browser which includes the following items on the Files screen:
    My Files
    Trash
    -------
    Files Usage
    Sharing
    Websites
    Access logs
  • Small mobile devices (such as iPhones, even the largest iPhone 7 plus) --- These show only these items (as you found) on the Files screen:
    My Files
    Trash
The four missing items all still use the old style pages. They are essentially inherited from the Classic interface. It's my understanding that Fastmail has waited to update those pages since these were considered to be less important for the average user and they were also considering possible improvements to the features on those pages. The old Classic style pages can't be easily adapted to the small mobile screens, so we must wait until they are updated to the modern style. I'm also frustrated by the delay, but since I have an iPad Pro 12.9 inch I can easily use the pages which are missing from the iPhone display.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Sep 2017, 09:36 AM   #3
Grhm
Essential Contributor

Thanks, Bill.
Grhm is offline   Reply With Quote