EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 19 Nov 2009, 03:36 PM   #61
asdfghjkl

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmailer View Post
I can't answer "authoritatively", but just from my best memory at the moment, I believe that that is what the service's rep here has claimed or implied, yes.
Thanks for your answer! Did some searching, and found a post to confirm that this indeed seems to be the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
your email can be encrypted while on Lavabit servers. There is an option in Lavabit preferences that allow all email in your account to be encrypted.

A bit off topic, but does anyone know if this is the case for Hushmail.com and Safe-mail.net too?
asdfghjkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Feb 2010, 02:07 PM   #62
Ceramic

Their spam system labels each sam message as "JUNK" in the subject header. Is it possible to move these junk messages to a trash folder by using their webmail system ?
Ceramic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Feb 2010, 02:25 PM   #63
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

I'm not sure if I'm understanding your question correctly or not, but of course it should be possible to manually move the messages to the trash in the webmail. But I'm assuming you mean automatically through a spam or filter setting? As far as I know, there aren't any kind of spam or filter settings in the webmail, which is a very "feature sparse" implementation of Squirrelmail.

But although I've never used the service regularly, and haven't even looked at it recently, as best I can recall there are various spam setting and filters available through the account preferences, which is a separate login from the Preferences link on the main Lavabit.com page, or you can go directly there with this link: https://lavabit.com/apps/preferences
xmailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Feb 2010, 05:13 AM   #64
Ceramic

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmailer View Post
I'm not sure if I'm understanding your question correctly or not, but of course it should be possible to manually move the messages to the trash in the webmail. But I'm assuming you mean automatically through a spam or filter setting? As far as I know, there aren't any kind of spam or filter settings in the webmail, which is a very "feature sparse" implementation of Squirrelmail.

But although I've never used the service regularly, and haven't even looked at it recently, as best I can recall there are various spam setting and filters available through the account preferences, which is a separate login from the Preferences link on the main Lavabit.com page, or you can go directly there with this link: https://lavabit.com/apps/preferences
Yes, you are correct in everything above. I have been to the preferences page, and was not able to automatically move emails tagged as junk into some junk folder.
Ceramic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2010, 10:41 AM   #65
lavabit

Representative of:
Lavabit.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by mucalculus View Post
Their spam system labels each sam message as "JUNK" in the subject header. Is it possible to move these junk messages to a trash folder by using their webmail system ?
You can create a "filter" rule that automatically sorts junk mail to a different folder. Note that this will only work if your using IMAP or the Webmail system since POP has no concept of folders...
lavabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Mar 2010, 08:29 PM   #66
Merovingian
Master of the @

still waiting for the new web interface that has been discussed for a long time.

any news?
Merovingian is offline   Reply With Quote