EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 18 Sep 2016, 02:49 AM   #1
Jacinto
Essential Contributor

Total Aliases allowed for Enhanced Accounts

Good day.

I don't seem to be able to find the web page for legacy account features and limits.

Need to know the number of aliases allowed for an Enhanced Account. I'm up to 97 between Fastmail and my own domains. I can't remember whether the limit is 100 for all FM domains and 100 for each of my own domains or 100 total for all domains.

Can anyone who remembers kindly let me know the limit or, preferably, post a URL?

Thank you.

--
Jacinto
Jacinto is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 18 Sep 2016, 03:21 AM   #2
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

The limit is 250 aliases for Fastmail domains plus 500 for your own domains.
Source: https://web.archive.org/web/20150910...nt/limits.html
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Sep 2016, 03:34 AM   #3
Jacinto
Essential Contributor

Thank you, BritTim.

I guess I'm no where near any of the limits. Still should cull some of the aliases I no longer use.

Just out of curiosity, did you archive the web page yourself?

Thanks, again.

--
Jacinto
Old 18 Sep 2016, 09:57 AM   #4
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

I cannot claim any credit for the Internet Archive "wayback machine". I do find it incredibly useful, and find it very irritating when sites decide to block its crawler (which, thankfully, Fastmail has never done).
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Sep 2016, 10:09 AM   #5
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

There is a legacy plan details page in the current Help system. The limits shown are slightly different (and simplified):
https://www.fastmail.com/help/ourser...ng-legacy.html

It's interesting that even the very old legacy Member and Guest accounts are still grandfathered, and support 2FA and all other key features (such as rules), but not the calendar. I find these handy for testing purposes, and with 2 factor authentication they can be used at public computers for basic email tasks where you might not want to expose views of your main account email folders to prying eyes.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Sep 2016, 01:45 AM   #6
Jacinto
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritTim View Post
I cannot claim any credit for the Internet Archive "wayback machine". I do find it incredibly useful, and find it very irritating when sites decide to block its crawler (which, thankfully, Fastmail has never done).
Hello, BritTim.

I go back a long way to the time when "personal" computers used CP/M for an operating system and my first computer was tailor made with polished oak around the case. However, I had never heard of the Wayback Machine until now.

Of course, as Sherlock Holmes philosophized, when you learn something new, you forget something old (especially at my age).

If I could only remember what it was that I forgot from learning about the Wayback Machine.

--
Jacinto
Old 20 Sep 2016, 02:57 AM   #7
Jacinto
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by n5bb View Post
There is a legacy plan details page in the current Help system. The limits shown are slightly different (and simplified):
https://www.fastmail.com/help/ourser...ng-legacy.html

. . .

Bill
Thank you, Bill.

It appears that at some point (probably when new plans came out recently) Fastmail reduced the total number of aliases from 757 to 600 and, apparently, didn't publicize it (or if it did, I missed it).

Anyways, 600 aliases for one account are a lot of aliases. I'm up to almost 100 after all these years and probably could delete 20 or 30 I no longer use and another 20 I seldom use, but probably won't since most of them are for my own domains and I still have 500 left before I run out. It would take me approximately 50 more years to exhaust them.

What I will do is clean-up my sieve rules and delete any that apply to aliases that no longer receive mail.

--
Jacinto
Old 20 Sep 2016, 05:10 AM   #8
mekitron

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacinto View Post
and, apparently, didn't publicize it (or if it did, I missed it).
They never did, neither a single tweet. I also realised this change after new arrivals.
mekitron is offline   Reply With Quote