EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 1 Sep 2004, 12:59 PM   #1
aznprodigy
Essential Contributor

My account was closed at GMX

I logged on and my account was closed... . DARN...I think it was because of the information I put in. When you guys signed up, what did you guys put for ADDRESS or ROAD NUMBER?
aznprodigy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 1 Sep 2004, 05:35 PM   #2
Andrea_ITA

mm i don't remember... i have an account from the 1999 ... but i think at that time i was so "stupid" that i gave out real data
Andrea_ITA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Sep 2004, 05:39 PM   #3
CyberSmurf

When I signed up the site was multi-lingual and they allowed sign-ups from outside Germany.

Sorry I can't help you. But then, if I had to trick the system that way I probably wouldn't have an account in the first place.
CyberSmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Sep 2004, 02:24 PM   #4
uhorn

Re: My account was closed at GMX

Quote:
Originally posted by aznprodigy
I logged on and my account was closed... . DARN...I think it was because of the information I put in. When you guys signed up, what did you guys put for ADDRESS or ROAD NUMBER?
Think where you'd stay at in case you visit Berlin most likely?

If you left a fake address , from what I remember,
they will give you a prewarn, and ask you to correct it
within a period of time, or you lose your account.
uhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Sep 2004, 05:06 PM   #5
FMRocks
The "e" in e-mail

I am not a proponent of getting email accounts whose TOS one definitely doesn't meet. If I don't have an address in Gernmany, I am not eligible to have an email at GMX. It's as simple as that. And besides, there are so many alternatives available that you can actually get in the US...
FMRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Sep 2004, 11:56 AM   #6
dreamer

Re: My account was closed at GMX

Quote:
Originally posted by aznprodigy
how do u know its closed?

cannot login?

p/s : me lost all my emails yesterday
dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Sep 2004, 08:13 PM   #7
fmnewbee
Master of the @

That is why I never signed up. Live in Sweden not Germany

there is another big 1.5Giga with pop too.

directbox but they too only accept correct Date ofBirth zip and street address and your correct name but they allow you to live all over the world

trew

ps to dreamer. What if they had a major problem and have your email backed up on another server and will restor them when the server problems is fixed?

Or is this their warning andthey want you to contact them to give evidence your actually are living in Germany maybe?

Does Dreamer care for his emails then he phone us and we see he live in Germany they maybe think
fmnewbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Sep 2004, 03:02 AM   #8
sarathb

Hi Friends,
I have signed up with GMX and now I got my email Address.I have given my friends email address where he stays. Will he get any postal mail for confirmation.so how GMX is going to check.Getting confused what to do now??.I don't have any warnings when I opened my email ..Any suggestions
Sarath
sarathb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Sep 2004, 03:12 AM   #9
Javier
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally posted by sarathb
... Will he get any postal mail for confirmation.so how GMX is going to check ...
I do not know about how they confirm if you are German, but in my case, when asked for a postal address and a zip code, as I don't know anything about Germany, just used the address of GMX itself.

Therefore, if they send a postal confirmation mail, they will end in their own building, and, will be very easy to them to discontinue the account. But my account is working fine, so I deduce they do not send any confirmation postal mail (anyway, I don't like GMX, because they send lots of commercial offers from themselves and a stupid GMX Magazin you can't unsign or filter).

In my opinion, a very bad service, with very bad response time and a very good spammer. Don't worry about it and use anyone of the other services.
Javier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Sep 2004, 11:26 AM   #10
dreamer

Re: That is why I never signed up. Live in Sweden not Germany

Quote:
Originally posted by fmnewbee
there is another big 1.5Giga with pop too.

directbox but they too only accept correct Date ofBirth zip and street address and your correct name but they allow you to live all over the world

trew

ps to dreamer. What if they had a major problem and have your email backed up on another server and will restor them when the server problems is fixed?

Or is this their warning andthey want you to contact them to give evidence your actually are living in Germany maybe?

Does Dreamer care for his emails then he phone us and we see he live in Germany they maybe think
i have been with them for 4 yrs since the english version...so dun think they will penalised those who signed up b4 they strictly implement the 'German-address'?

Anyway, i juz received a reply from GMX support..seems like they are in the midst of fixing a technical problem...i know i can always trust GMX after so many years

===============================

Liebes GMX-Mitglied,

wir bedauern, dass Ihr GMX Account nicht vollständig zur Verfügung stand.

Es handelte sich um eine technische Störung, die jedoch inzwischen behoben wurde.
Bitte versuchen Sie es doch noch einmal.

Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständnis.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

==================================

Dear GMX member, we regret that its GMX account was available not completely. It concerned a technical disturbance, which was however in the meantime repaired. Please you try it nevertheless again. Thank you for your understanding. Yours sincerely
Old 21 Sep 2004, 11:29 AM   #11
dreamer

Quote:
Originally posted by Javier
I do not know about how they confirm if you are German, but in my case, when asked for a postal address and a zip code, as I don't know anything about Germany, just used the address of GMX itself.

Therefore, if they send a postal confirmation mail, they will end in their own building, and, will be very easy to them to discontinue the account. But my account is working fine, so I deduce they do not send any confirmation postal mail (anyway, I don't like GMX, because they send lots of commercial offers from themselves and a stupid GMX Magazin you can't unsign or filter).

In my opinion, a very bad service, with very bad response time and a very good spammer. Don't worry about it and use anyone of the other services.

i dun receive any commercial offers from GMX tho...du have the GMX Magazin too... IMO, an excellent service...its juz sad that it does not have any English version.