EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 25 Dec 2016, 01:39 AM   #1
DumbGuy
Essential Contributor

Spf/dkim/dmarc

I just wanted to thank FM (and Rob M. in particular) for the fantastic writeup today about SPF/DKIM/DMARC.

I have a handful of domains on FM, and while I set up DNS records for these protocols a few years ago (all relaxed, in my case), it was really helpful to read today's summary which continued to deepen my understanding of how they work, and learn some of the current perspectives on them by both FM and some other email providers.

BTW, I'm a slow reader in general, and I'm also the type to actually click on several of the supporting hyperlinks that FM staff often very helpfully place throughout their blog posts. Yes, there are people like me who make use of those quick tangents to get filled in on some background or supporting idea. Thank you.

Last edited by DumbGuy : 25 Dec 2016 at 01:40 AM. Reason: added link to FM blog post
DumbGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 25 Dec 2016, 08:04 AM   #2
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

I agree that it was a truly excellent blog post. I learned a few new things. For example, it appears that the long term future for forwarding, in general, and mailing lists in particular is not quite as bleak as it may appear currently.
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Oct 2017, 04:45 AM   #3
snsh
Cornerstone of the Community

I see FM has a published DMARC record:
Code:
_dmarc.fastmail.com.    3600    IN      TXT     "v=DMARC1; p=none; fo=1; rua=mailto:rua@fastmaildmarc.com; ruf=mailto:ruf@fastmaildmarc.com"
Is FASTMAILDMARC.COM a reporting service that someday we'll be able to use for our virtual-domains?
snsh is offline   Reply With Quote