EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 16 Feb 2020, 12:44 AM   #1
malcontent
Essential Contributor

Question Mailbox.org and Posteo - Anti-Spam?

I searched the forums and people have stated that both Mailbox.org and Posteo handle spam differently than other providers. That they reject possible spam outright without the customer being able to determine if the messages are not spam. Possible spam isn't put in a spam/junk folder that would allow customers to catch false positives.

This wouldn't be much of a problem if the rejected email was being sent by a human being who could take steps to make sure their email is delivered correctly. But if the email is sent by an automated system and is rejected by Mailbox.org or Posteo then it would never be delivered to the end customer. This could be a big problem for some customers.

How reliable are these 2 providers when it comes to emails being sent from them actually reaching their destination correctly? Are they often viewed as spam or get lost on their journey?

Thanks you.
malcontent is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 19 Feb 2020, 12:07 AM   #2
lpn

Good question, does anybody have experience with the spam handling of these providers?
lpn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Feb 2020, 12:22 AM   #3
malcontent
Essential Contributor

Quote:
This wouldn't be much of a problem if the rejected email was being sent by a human being who could take steps to make sure their email is delivered correctly. But if the email is sent by an automated system and is rejected by Mailbox.org or Posteo then it would never be delivered to the end customer. This could be a big problem for some customers.
If the customers were not expecting these automated emails they would never be aware of that they were being rejected. They wouldn't know to try to whitelist specific domain to ensure delivery.

I'm confused by their approach with dealing with spam.
Old 20 Feb 2020, 07:34 PM   #4
LinuxArie

With Mailbox.org you can change the settings so spam goes to the junk folder.
In the right corner in the web interface click on settings -> spam protection
LinuxArie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Feb 2020, 06:17 PM   #5
mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
If the customers were not expecting these automated emails they would never be aware of that they were being rejected. They wouldn't know to try to whitelist specific domain to ensure delivery.

I'm confused by their approach with dealing with spam.
Posteo explains their approach quite clearly:

https://posteo.de/en/help/how-does-t...am-filter-work
mechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Feb 2020, 09:14 PM   #6
malcontent
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanic View Post
Posteo explains their approach quite clearly:

https://posteo.de/en/help/how-does-t...am-filter-work
Automated (unexpected) emails that are incorrectly marked as spam will still never reach the customer. With this approach there is no remedy available by the end user. If the end user isn't aware of these emails they can't even try to white list them. That is what I'm confused about. I've read Posteo's reasoning but I still find that it is flawed. Allow the end user to choose if possible spam is rejected outright.