EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 30 Dec 1999, 04:22 PM   #1
Joe

Talking What keywords do you type in a search engine to find new mail services?

What keywords do you type in a search engine to find new mail services? I type in Free email, how about you?
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 30 Dec 1999, 04:47 PM   #2
Edwin
 Administrator 

Cool

Confession time: I no longer actively scour search engines for new free email services since I get between 10-30 new recommendations every week from site visitors.

On the rare occasions I still go scouting, I tend to start from Goto.com's search engine at http://www.goto.com/ and search for "free email" then click the related links that appear at the top of the page ("free email address", "free email service", etc...) and keep exploring deeper and deeper that way.

I also find Google http://www.google.com/ to be a great search tool.

Edwin
Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Jan 2000, 12:29 AM   #3
BIG_ben

I was wondering why you need to use search engines for scouring new email services? I mean THIS site has the best listings of email services(even foreign language ones!). So you need not look any farther and just explore emailaddresses.com !!!
BIG_ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Aug 2022, 07:45 PM   #4
Bamb0
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe
What keywords do you type in a search engine to find new mail services? I type in Free email, how about you?
Thats what I do also........ Although it hasnt worked too well recently!!
Bamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Aug 2022, 08:55 PM   #5
TenFour
Master of the @

Ancient thread revival! Even see Edwin commenting. I find searching on Twitter using the word "email" finds interesting new services, though you have to wade through lots of threads that are irrelevant. I think that's how I first noticed SimpleLogin. Also, in Google I type in just "email" then I select the News option. That brings up lots of articles, including news about new services. But, as Bambo's recent experience illustrates I would only use some new free and tiny email service for non-critical purposes. IMHO the vast majority of us should stick to one of the top-tier providers for mission-critical personal and business email purposes--companies that are unlikely to fold overnight or get hacked. With the small providers you have no way to know if they actually follow their stated policies. They might be reading your emails just for kicks!

Last edited by TenFour : 20 Aug 2022 at 09:13 PM.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Aug 2022, 08:33 AM   #6
hadaso
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFour View Post
Ancient thread revival! Even see Edwin commenting. ...
One interesting comment by Edwin is this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin View Post

I also find Google http://www.google.com/ to be a great search tool.
He was recommending a brand new search engine (Google).
hadaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Aug 2022, 10:13 AM   #7
Bamb0
Master of the @

Sadly though I havent been able to find FREE email providers anymore..... The spammers have ruined it
Bamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote