EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 10 Aug 2015, 12:09 PM   #1
asahel

Importing calendar/appointment files (.ICS) attached to emails

I recently received an calendar appointment file (.ICS) as an attachment to an email, but there was no option in the Fastmail web interface to open/import the appointment into my calendar. I had to save the file to my computer and then manually import it into the calendar using the import/export option.

Not sure if this is intentional or if it could be added as an extra feature? Or can it be done as a 'web application' in Firefox (ie in same way that mailto links can be referred to the Fastmail web interface)?
asahel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 4 Apr 2023, 12:00 AM   #2
majorgear

Did you ever figure this out? I'm trying to get an email invitation with attached ICS file into my fastmail calendar, and cannot figure out how to do it!
majorgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Apr 2023, 07:29 AM   #3
Mr David

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorgear View Post
I'm trying to get an email invitation with attached ICS file into my fastmail calendar.
From the single instance I've seen this happens automatically via FM's backend.

Recently I received a message with an *.ICS attachment. The message itself appeared to be composed around some kind of invitation template. It had sections for When, Where, Who, RSVP, and Notes to describe the event.

The RSVP section had buttons for Going, Maybe, Not Going.

Before doing anything I checked my FM calendar to see if the date and time was free. On visiting the relevant date I got a surprise. FM's backend magic had caused the invitation's time block to be diagonally hashed. After I clicked the RSVP Going button in the message the diagonal hashing changed to a solid colour block representing a booked time period.

All of which I found pretty cool.
Mr David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Apr 2023, 07:47 PM   #4
Fenman
Cornerstone of the Community

Go to Settings > Set Up > Calendars > Calendar Options

Go right down the page to 'Invitations' and you'll find some options for how you want .ics files handled. One option is to have them imported automatically to a calendar of your choice.
Fenman is offline   Reply With Quote