EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 26 Jun 2019, 07:19 AM   #1
xyzzy
Essential Contributor

Accessing gmail from Fastmail

I have my gmail account set up in FM as (to use the new UI term) an "External Address" so I don't have to use gmail directly should I ever need it. But today I just got the following email from google:

Quote:
Although you don’t need to do anything, we wanted to let you know that the following apps may no longer be able to access some data in your Google Account, including your Gmail content. If these apps are unable to meet the deadline to comply with our updated data policy requirements, they'll lose access to your Account starting July 15th, 2019.

FastMail

We are making this change as part of ongoing efforts to make sure your data is protected and private.

You can always view, manage and remove apps you’ve given access to your account by visiting your Google Account.

So google doesn't trust fastmail????

----

Update:
It appears I was composing this when another thread was posted otherwise I would have added to that one.

Last edited by xyzzy : 26 Jun 2019 at 08:01 AM.
xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote