EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 6 Aug 2014, 03:04 PM   #1
pgonzalez

Runbox first impressions..

Hi,

I just started using runbox and so far, and I'm sort of happy with my decision to sign up for this service.. Well here's my 1st impressions:

I've only been using RB webmail and what I don't like is that Drafts is the first mailbox folder listed and I cannot seem to reorder the default folders so that Inbox is first. I tried to reorder in Folder Management but it only seems to try to nest folders when I try to drag and drop up the Inbox above Drafts. Anyone know how?

I sent some emails to my RB address and waited for over 5 min for my test emails to show in webmail inbox count did not change.. So I'm disappointed that it seems I need to manually hit Refresh in webmail to view new arriving email. Anyone know how to setup auto checking for email?

Lastly, the webmail preferences seems to be lacking options; just name, date format, some message display options and that's basically it (I'm came from using squirrel mail so I was expecting options). I know that last point lacks specifics, I but I'll bring my them up in another post(Brain is shutting down now..)

Thanks

Peter
pgonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 7 Aug 2014, 12:22 AM   #2
William9
The "e" in e-mail

Have you tried runbox.com/roundcube? The folder list there can display inbox first.
William9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Aug 2014, 02:12 AM   #3
pgonzalez

Quote:
Originally Posted by William9 View Post
Have you tried runbox.com/roundcube? The folder list there can display inbox first.
Hi William9, brilliant suggestion! - this resolved my issues posted here and I like the UI of roundbox at 1st impression.

Thank you!

Feeling a bit better now..
pgonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Aug 2014, 03:49 AM   #4
dbowdley
Cornerstone of the Community

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamlau View Post
RB headers reveal the actual account name for aliased mail. The lack of IP masking is also bothersome.
Runbox headers do not reveal the main account username for mail sent from an alias when using the webmail or via SMTP. If you mean the real name of the person, then this is customisable in the webmail interface and in email clients.

The IP address is removed when sending via webmail.

Last edited by dbowdley : 7 Aug 2014 at 03:54 AM. Reason: Better wording.
dbowdley is offline   Reply With Quote