EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Miscellaneous > About this site...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

About this site... Do you have any thoughts, suggestions or comments about this site? Post them here...

Old 23 Feb 2020, 08:17 PM   #16
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffK View Post
For those members who are receiving spam PM's the best I can offer is for you to send them to me via PM and I will endeavour to block them. But I may well have to do it on a case by case basis.
This problem is widely reported in the vBulletin Community Forum, with (at a cursory search through the forum) no simple solution.

I have previously added these PM spammers to my ignore list, which may block future spamming attempts from those spammers.

I've noticed in the User CP for the forum, under "Options/Messaging & Notification", it's possible to fine-tune the PM's:

https://i.postimg.cc/j23wN2CM/pm-spam.png

For example, you can either disable PM's completely or create a "buddy list" to allow only the forum members you would be interested in receiving PM's from.

That buddy list is something I will consider should there be any escalation of PM spam to myself.
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Feb 2020, 10:22 PM   #17
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

The previous time I had a spam PM was well over a year ago. So I consider the issue as "livable with" and, for the time being at least, won't bother with any fine tuning.
janusz is online now   Reply With Quote