EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 24 Sep 2009, 07:24 PM   #1
damole

runbox5:Connection to server failed, please try again

I keep getting this red message, often after selecting all emails in my junk and deleting them although most of time they have actually been deleted even though this is not reflected on the page being displayed which remains the same.

I live in Thailand with a broadband connection but with long ping times to servers in the US and Europe so maybe this is the reason. I also often have trouble connecting to secure.runbox.com and often have to retry several times even though web pages are being fetched at 'normal' speed.

--damole
damole is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 25 Sep 2009, 07:51 AM   #2
Geir
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
It is possible that the latency from your location is the problem, but it might help to extend the timeout on the server side.

How many messages are you typically deleting at a time?...

- Geir
Geir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Sep 2009, 03:17 PM   #3
damole

Usually between 60 and 100.
Old 29 Sep 2009, 10:50 AM   #4
damole

I just opened my web mail, found 5 new emails, selected the 5 and clicked on the 'read' button and received the same error message. I then waited a short time before clicking on the junk box in case the page would be updated showing the messages read, it didn't. The page then displayed my junk box, I scanned through them, selected all of them and clicked delete. They were all removed and the page updated to reflect this.

Not sure how helpful this is.
Old 1 Oct 2009, 06:13 AM   #5
Geir
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Thanks for the additional details.

How much time typically passes between the click and the error message?

- Geir
Geir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Oct 2009, 02:51 AM   #6
damole

I've been tidying up my mail boxes, I store old mail in separate folders for each quarter and after creating the new folders can't get back to my inbox from my junk folder, the place I was before I started. I've tried clicking inbox over 5 times and each time I get the time out message, the last time I counted 16 seconds of seeing the message 'loading' before the red error message.

Sometimes closing the tab in FF and then logging in from a new one works but usually it just takes me back to my junk folder. I think it would be a good idea for it to be an option to remember the last folder you were in when you log back in as normally I always want to go straight to my inbox and not my junk folder.
Old 21 Oct 2009, 02:21 AM   #7
damole

I'm having this problem so often I'm having to use fast.runbox.com to preview my email before downloading it to Thunderbird.
Old 28 Oct 2009, 11:18 AM   #8
damole

I had just over a 1000 messages in my inbox with my preferences set to display 1000. I've since archived all but 160 to other mailboxes and now this problem no longer occurs. I did this before your server upgrade but maybe this is helping too.

Last edited by damole : 28 Oct 2009 at 11:23 AM.
Old 29 Oct 2009, 02:07 AM   #9
ericd

Angry Same thing happening to me

I've had my account for years, and several technical problems have recently popped up, including the "connection to server failed" message which is occurring every day or at least every other day. My other very annoying problem is that my email address auto complete has stopped working completely for no reason.
ericd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Oct 2009, 03:25 PM   #10
kservik
Cornerstone of the Community

Representative of:
Runbox.com
I guess you use Runbox 5 Enhanched. If so, then you will find the setting for auto-complete on nicknames in Preferences. Check if it is on? https://beta.runbox.com/mail/options

Regarding the other problem, do you still get that? I dont see any reason why you should get it based on the amount of emails you have in each folder. Could you try with RMM5 Basic and see if you can spot the problem there too? You can change versions down to your left. If you dont want to test RMM5 Basic, then if you get the error, please write down the time and what you tried to do. Then send us a Ticket as fast as possible and we will investigate what lead to a timeout.

Kim
kservik is offline   Reply With Quote