EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 10 Mar 2011, 11:53 PM   #1
phalter

my suggestions for a better Runbox

A few ideas I already dropped on the Runbox sites on Facebook. Thought I'd share them here, too.

Calendar
Don't you think an integrated calendar with synching options is overdue?

Design
When it comes to design: I think it would be cool and supply a demand if you establish a simplified, high quality design à la craigslist.

Chat
What's with the integrated chat? Who needs that? Never really worked and unnecessary in my eyes.

Mergers
Why did your buddies from Opera purchase Fastmail and not your company? It seems you could need a strong partner. Maybe you hop in and build together the best independent communication tool?

Still useing, still loving Runbox.
Thx!
phalter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11 Mar 2011, 02:08 AM   #2
Sherry

Moderator:

I have moved your post out of the Testimonials forum to a new thread in the Runbox Forum.
Sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Mar 2011, 12:55 PM   #3
robastewart

Better Composer

Everything about Runbox serves me well, except one very important feature, and that's the message composer. Whether beginning a new message or replying to a received message, I find the composer clunky and almost primitive compared to the composers on so many webmail competitors. It would be nice to have a fast-loading, fast-compiling, clean and contemporary UI. Something more along the lines of GMX or even FastMail would put Runbox in the running as a top-tier provider of webmail. What are the prospects for an enhanced composer within the next few months?

Thanks.
robastewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Mar 2011, 04:36 AM   #4
Geir
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
phalter: Welcome to the forum and thanks for the suggestions!

Calendar: We've started looking at implementing a calendar, but it's no small task to make synchronization work well.

Design: Have you tried http://fast.runbox.com and http://light.runbox.com?

Chat: We're planning to either replace the Chat function or remove it entirely, yes.

Mergers: Great idea, we'll consider it.

- Geir
Geir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Mar 2011, 04:37 AM   #5
Geir
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
robastewart: We upgraded Compose not long ago -- what would you like to see, specifically?

Thanks!

- Geir
Old 16 Mar 2011, 04:40 PM   #6
tomhab
Essential Contributor

Better attaching ability would be better. I hate having to attach a file then do nothing for 40 seconds until it's finished uploading. Could do...

* Asynchronous upload (like gmail)
* Upload on send?
* Ability to upload more than one file (would need something smarter like flash/java for this I think though)
tomhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Mar 2011, 04:43 PM   #7
tomhab
Essential Contributor

A couple more:
* Hiding bcc, cc and from fields unless you click on one (like gmail)?
* Ability to whitelist email addresses from the compose window (I do get frustrated when sending an email to someone for the first time, and their reply goes to my Junk mail folders...)
tomhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2011, 09:01 PM   #8
gecko

Hello Runbox,

First of all: Thumbs up for your great service. I am very satisfied with it.

However, I do see that there is still room for improvements. I mentioned a bunch of suggestions in the last couple of months which I think would make great unique selling propositions for Runbox, such as
* Two-factor authentication (I imagine users paying for their email are probably very security-aware)
* Improved logging (also POP and IMAP mailbox access)
* A more clearly laid out alias/folder management (there is no easy way of seeing the configuration of each folder at a glance. You have to go through every single folder to get an overview)
* Calender, even though I don't need it. But I think a whole lot of users out there really want to sync their mobiles with their online calendar/address book.
* Setting email priority and requesting email delivery status notifications on outgoing emails / choosing whether or not to send a return receipt for incoming messages if the sender requested one.

These are only a few suggestions that come to my mind right now.

I have paid up for another couple of years and plan on renewing my subscription again. I think the new service plans are an important step towards attracting new paying customers. 49 $US have probably deterred a lot of people from signing up -- who needs 10 GB of email storage?

I wish you all the best and good luck for the future.

Regards,
gecko
gecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2011, 12:13 PM   #9
robastewart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geir View Post
robastewart: We upgraded Compose not long ago -- what would you like to see, specifically?

Thanks!

- Geir
Well, especially in HTML mode, the composer loads slowly. It is this way on three different computers I use (all Windows-based, 2 running XP Pro, 1 Vista Home Premium) and regardless the brand of browser (although it does seem to load a little more robustly in Chrome). It also reproduces line breaks inaccurately. That is to say, a single line break entered in the composer appears in the received message with space more equivalent to a double line break. One other: the contacts list on the right side of the composer shows all my contacts twice. One instance is in the form Name, the other in the form Name (b), the (b) indicating, I suppose, a copy of the former. But there is only one entry of each in the actual Contacts.

These are not really major issues, although the relatively slow loading of composer is a nuisance when writing or responding to several messages at a sitting. One just wonders why the RMM composer isn't quite as smooth and elegant as some of its competitors' composers.

Thanks for your replies!

Rob
robastewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 2011, 11:20 AM   #10
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

I would like a link to stay logged in for several hours.
Also would like Signature in color
Would like to send email without having to preface address with a nick name or anything

Last edited by sheprd : 28 Mar 2011 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Addition
sheprd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Apr 2011, 10:36 AM   #11
Geir
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Upgrades

We've just upgraded the Compose screen a bit:
  • The HTML editor is updated to the latest version of TinyMCE. This should improve browser compatibility and possibly speed.
  • The full name registered on a nickname in Contacts will be included in the sent message.

Thanks for all the suggestions -- we'll look into adding a few, particularly multiple attachment uploads, auto-adding recipients to Contacts, and generally improving the layout and speed of the Compose screen.

- Geir
Old 4 Jun 2011, 03:35 AM   #12
ericd

Auto-complete

I must be doing something wrong, but don't know what. When I first starting using Runbox, auto-complete was working great, I think that it functioned in the subject line and recipients. Now there is no auto-complete functioning anywhere for me, and I do not see any references to it in preferences.

Thanks,
Eric
ericd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Jun 2011, 06:08 PM   #13
dbowdley
Cornerstone of the Community

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Hi Eric,

It currently works for me in the recipients field in Compose. It auto-completes with names from the Contacts list. I don't ever remember it working with the subject line though. Was that perhaps an auto-fill function in your browser?

Which version of RMM are you using, I am referring to RMM5 Enhanced.

Dave
dbowdley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Jun 2011, 08:12 AM   #14
kservik
Cornerstone of the Community

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericd View Post
I must be doing something wrong, but don't know what. When I first starting using Runbox, auto-complete was working great, I think that it functioned in the subject line and recipients. Now there is no auto-complete functioning anywhere for me, and I do not see any references to it in preferences.

Thanks,
Eric
Auto-complet has been turned on by default and it has been removed from Preferences since it is not needed any more.

If something is not working, then we are very interested in more reports regarding this.

Kim
kservik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jun 2011, 01:15 AM   #15
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Another suggestion: I would like an option to set different default text sizes
sheprd is offline   Reply With Quote