EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 20 Sep 2016, 08:55 PM   #76
bipbop
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by mekitron View Post
I didn't mean that Runbox is currently running into financial troubles. I meant, "the companyt ran into once." They made the promise more than a year ago. A that time, they were not sound enough financially; not as same as now. I am their happy customer, so far. I continuously used words like "think so" and "assume" but unfortunately all words were chewed up while reading. Moreover, I learnt about their "remote workers" on their website before signing up. Do you need a link, 17pm?


Either you delete or not; you have to apologise for your last sentence. I spammed nowhere.
I am a responsible forum user, and I take my responsibilities critically.

Sometimes while writing, it is hard to keep the tone according to reader. That's why not all writers get Pulitzer Prize.
"think so" and "assume". Yes, very clever you are.

Spam was an unfortunate choice of word. I would have used "troll".

Maybe you're the one who should apologize.
bipbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Sep 2016, 01:09 AM   #77
ReuvenNY
 Moderator 
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Posts: 4,158
Moderator's Comment

Discussion and even speculations are OK - personal insults and demands are not!

Please keep this discussion civil as per forum posting rules.
ReuvenNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Sep 2016, 04:50 AM   #78
mekitron
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Central City
Posts: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReuvenNY View Post
Discussion and even speculations are OK - personal insults and demands are not!

Please keep this discussion civil as per forum posting rules.
Many thanks for the contribution, moderator.
mekitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Sep 2016, 05:27 AM   #79
mekitron
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Central City
Posts: 157
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbowdley View Post
We allow all our staff great flexibility in working location.
Learnt something new, and that's really great.
mekitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Oct 2016, 03:50 PM   #80
jl66
Essential Contributor
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 413
Bye bye Runbox. +6 months since 2FA was done (many more since RB was working in it). Very dissapointed but no more... I quit.
If some moderator wants to close this thread... Thank you.
jl66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Oct 2016, 05:26 PM   #81
Geir
The "e" in e-mail
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 2,915

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Quick update

We have now deployed FTP and legacy POP services configured to use the new authentication service, and are working on Exim and legacy IMAP. We expect these remaining services to be ready shortly.

As a small bonus, we have added TLS support for FTP. Your FTP client should use this by itself when connecting to our FTP server at ftp.runbox.com (but it might be a separate setting).

- Geir

Last edited by Geir : 5 Oct 2016 at 05:47 PM.
Geir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Nov 2016, 06:34 PM   #82
17pm
Cornerstone of the Community
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 505
It's November. Any news?
17pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Nov 2016, 04:31 PM   #83
Geir
The "e" in e-mail
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 2,915

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Update

We met a slight obstacle related to quota handling when deploying the new mail delivery configuration connected to the authentication service. This is now resolved, and we now only have legacy IMAP (Courier) left.

We're also making final adjustments to the two-factor authentication interface, and readying this for deployment on the new production web servers.

We will keep you updated!

- Geir
Geir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Dec 2016, 12:59 PM   #84
bipbop
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 149
Seems David's prediction (page one) might become true after all.
bipbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Dec 2016, 03:24 PM   #85
David
Ultimate Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Canada.
Posts: 10,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipbop View Post
Seems David's prediction (page one) might become true after all.
I hope so! - that is when I will likely return to Runbox
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Dec 2016, 06:08 AM   #86
smithmb001
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 158
I think the lesson for RunBox is that they should no longer comment on when "new" features or "updates" will be released until they are really ready to release or beta test those features/updates. The current methodology, in my humble opinion, yields very little benefit to anyone. It would be better to be kept in the dark.

The two projects I was most excited have yielded nothing but frustration. The last one is incomplete as far as I am concerned and I have no reasonable expectation it will ever be implemented properly. This one is taking forever and for the moment I will keep my fingers crossed that whoever is running this project at RunBox will find a way to complete it.

If we were on the starship Enterprise and we were two minutes from the genesis weapon exploding I would want Spock/Scotty in my engine room and not RunBox.
smithmb001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Dec 2016, 07:21 PM   #87
jl66
Essential Contributor
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 413
I disagree. Everyone is asking email services for 2FA these days, and many people will never pay if they are not offering it. So, it's something normal to ask and receive an answer, the problem comes when the answer seems to be "soon" and then become "years", to me it's like been deceived (I payed for nothing). But if they keep it in the dark then many people will never pay for this service and will find another one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithmb001 View Post
I think the lesson for RunBox is that they should no longer comment on when "new" features or "updates" will be released until they are really ready to release or beta test those features/updates. The current methodology, in my humble opinion, yields very little benefit to anyone. It would be better to be kept in the dark.

The two projects I was most excited have yielded nothing but frustration. The last one is incomplete as far as I am concerned and I have no reasonable expectation it will ever be implemented properly. This one is taking forever and for the moment I will keep my fingers crossed that whoever is running this project at RunBox will find a way to complete it.

If we were on the starship Enterprise and we were two minutes from the genesis weapon exploding I would want Spock/Scotty in my engine room and not RunBox.
jl66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Dec 2016, 12:50 AM   #88
Geir
The "e" in e-mail
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 2,915

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Update

We have completed deployment of the final service (legacy Courier IMAP) that will be using our new authentication service.

We are now deploying 2FA onto our new production web servers, and will start an internal test phase. We have identified a few issues that need to be resolved, and when this is completed we will proceed with a beta test phase.

Oh, and here is a screenshot.

- Geir
Geir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2016, 08:00 AM   #89
bipbop
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geir View Post
We have completed deployment of the final service (legacy Courier IMAP) that will be using our new authentication service.

We are now deploying 2FA onto our new production web servers, and will start an internal test phase. We have identified a few issues that need to be resolved, and when this is completed we will proceed with a beta test phase.

Oh, and here is a screenshot.

- Geir
Good idea. A screenshot says 100 words! Looks good!
bipbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Dec 2016, 01:23 PM   #90
kservik
Cornerstone of the Community
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 545

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Smile Beta tester for 2FA

We are getting close to launch and if anyone want to be a beta-tester, then please open a support ticket with the subject: Beta tester for 2FA

If you have previously asked to be on the list, then you should be there already!

Kim
kservik is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +9. The time now is 11:55 AM.

 

Copyright EmailDiscussions.com 1998-2013. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy