EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

View Poll Results: So far so good?
I am not happy with where Runbox 7 is heading 9 100.00%
I am happy with where Runbox 7 is heading 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 1 Aug 2019, 01:10 AM   #1
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Runbox 7 - so far so good?

With regard to a comment by Geir in a recent post here on the forum:

http://www.emaildiscussions.com/show...17&postcount=4

Quote:
We are quite happy with where Runbox 7 is heading, and so is the majority of our beta tester community
It would be interesting to gauge the opinion of Runbox users here on the forum that are or have been participating in the Runbox 7 Beta Test.

To that end, a quick poll - the poll is anonymous.
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11 Aug 2019, 06:52 PM   #2
alexu2007
Essential Contributor

Those folks from Runbox are happy because they are using an innovative technology. They are programmers, so they don't really understand or care about the importance of user experience. They only care about coding. Since the beginning Runbox had the worst visual and graphic interface and this is still a problem of Runbox 7. It is counter-intuitive, it is ugly and it doesn't follow a natural flow of actions when you need to do something in your email account.

They really need a UX designer. Or at least they should copy another webmail interface regarding the looks and the features available to the user.

It might be a revolutionary code or implementation or I don't know what, but when I see those horrible fonts, that bad typography with poor readability, the way it is designed, poor navigation, the lack of functions and features and overall the lack of a pleasing aesthetic design, It makes me choose other provider.
alexu2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Aug 2019, 09:36 PM   #3
evfrson

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexu2007 View Post
Those folks from Runbox are happy because they are using an innovative technology. They are programmers, so they don't really understand or care about the importance of user experience. They only care about coding. Since the beginning Runbox had the worst visual and graphic interface and this is still a problem of Runbox 7. It is counter-intuitive, it is ugly and it doesn't follow a natural flow of actions when you need to do something in your email account.

They really need a UX designer. Or at least they should copy another webmail interface regarding the looks and the features available to the user.

It might be a revolutionary code or implementation or I don't know what, but when I see those horrible fonts, that bad typography with poor readability, the way it is designed, poor navigation, the lack of functions and features and overall the lack of a pleasing aesthetic design, It makes me choose other provider.
Agree 100% with what you say here - Runbox 7 is just appalling and I have given up with it.
Despite the fact that it has been in beta for what seems like years, basic functions still don't work properly. e.g. I had 8 emails in my inbox, I marked them all as unread and the unread indicator said I have 6 unread emails instead of 8. I marked them all read and then unread again and it then said I have 7 unread ?
evfrson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Aug 2019, 10:26 PM   #4
Bamb0
Master of the @

Im sorry its getting worse for you guys on Runbox. Sadly thats how it seems to be now. They have something good and they make it worse AND SAY ITS BETTER!!!! (When its really only better FOR THEM -- They dont care what anyone thinks)

Its really sad.......
Bamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Aug 2019, 11:40 PM   #5
dbowdley
Cornerstone of the Community

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Runbox 7 is an open source project and you are welcome to submit feedback, issues and requests for enhancements at:

https://github.com/runbox/runbox7

We are also actively engaged with our customers over on our own community website at:

https://community.runbox.com/c/runbox-7

This is where we will be engaging with customers in the future, and you will find a larger number of our team there.

Regarding the comments here, the poll isn't really useful without people also telling us what they would like to see as part of Runbox 7. I realise it was a binary poll and wasn't necessarily intended to be useful in providing specific feedback.

We appreciate that some people have given more detail than others (thanks for that) and we would welcome more detail regarding the points either on the GitHub site or our own community forum for each of the points so far raised:

• Bad typography/readability.
• Poor navigation/counter-intuitive design.

• Lack of functions (which ones do you want to see included).
• What would make it more aesthetically pleasing to you?

I've investigated the recently raised issue regarding folder counts and we can now work on a fix as those comments were quite specific and helpful.

We are currently working on contacts, calendar, tasks and an identities feature to replace the outdated use of profiles based on folders in the older interface.

As we control the whole development process rather than trying to implement something created by someone else we are in a position to consider any comments made, but we would ask that they give us something to work with rather than just criticise.
dbowdley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Aug 2019, 05:08 PM   #6
Bamb0
Master of the @

Well dbowdley it seems like people liked it THE WAY IT WAS... Why did you change what was fine??

I dont get it...... Im not trying to be mean but when you have something that works well for the members you dont mess with it

Ah well............ Thats nice though saying you will accept feedback and all on it........
Bamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Aug 2019, 07:04 PM   #7
evfrson

I think Runbox should look at Tutanota to see how a lightning fast interface should be designed and implemented.
Old 1 Sep 2019, 07:28 AM   #8
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by evfrson View Post
I think Runbox should look at Tutanota to see how a lightning fast interface should be designed and implemented.
And that with only 7 employees.
https://tutanota.com/about
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Sep 2019, 08:11 PM   #9
evfrson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berenburger View Post
Yes indeed.
They also roll out improvements/new features quickly too and have lots of happy customers (just look at their forum).
I think they are awesome.
Old 2 Sep 2019, 06:47 AM   #10
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berenburger View Post
Are you sure they don't use any external contractors?
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Sep 2019, 01:50 AM   #11
Jacinto
Essential Contributor

Just tried RB7 with Chrome on a Linux Mint desktop.

Slow as molasses -- not ready for prime time.

Shall give it a whirl again in September 2020.

--
Jacinto
Jacinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Sep 2019, 02:53 AM   #12
evfrson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacinto View Post

Slow as molasses -- not ready for prime time.

--
Jacinto
If their past rate of progress is anything to go by I would make that September 2025
Old 9 Sep 2019, 05:37 PM   #13
jimolsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacinto View Post

Slow as molasses spanish dictionary-- not ready for prime time.

--
Jacinto
It's painfully slow...
jimolsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Sep 2019, 12:20 AM   #14
dbowdley
Cornerstone of the Community

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Please make sure you are using the latest version of Runbox 7 which at the time of posting is "build time: 2019-09-07T19:41:58.425Z"

You can report any issues with as much detail as possible on our community website: https://community.runbox.com/c/runbox-7

Thanks.
dbowdley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Sep 2019, 06:51 AM   #15
Jacinto
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbowdley View Post
Please make sure you are using the latest version of Runbox 7 which at the time of posting is "build time: 2019-09-07T19:41:58.425Z"

You can report any issues with as much detail as possible on our community website: https://community.runbox.com/c/runbox-7

Thanks.
Hi, dbowdley.

I could not find a Runbox7 Chrome App.

My experience was logging-in directly to the RB7 webmail site.

--
Jacinto

Last edited by Jacinto : 13 Sep 2019 at 06:52 AM. Reason: Clarity.
Jacinto is offline   Reply With Quote