EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Miscellaneous > The Off-Topic Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

The Off-Topic Lounge APPROPRIATE FAMILY-FRIENDLY TOPICS ONLY - READ THE RULES!
This forum is for posting anything (excluding topics prohibited by the forum rules) that's unrelated to email. General discussions, in other words.

Old 27 Feb 2007, 06:54 AM   #1
CyberSmurf

Exclamation are you ready for Daylight Saving Time 2007?

Beginning March 11th 2007, the United States and Canada start Daylight Saving Time 3 weeks earlier and end 1 week later that previously.

You can Google for more info.

Windows 98 and 2000 users need to run tzedit.com to change the start and end time for Daylight Saving Time.
This is on the Windows 98 CD in "\tools\reskit\config". I couldn't find it on my Windows 2000 CD, but the Windows 98 version works fine on 2000.

new settings
... Start Day = the Second Sunday of March
... Last Day = the First Sunday of November

I'm fairly certain that Windows XP will be updated automatically.
CyberSmurf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 27 Feb 2007, 09:04 AM   #2
The Storm
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberSmurf View Post
Beginning March 11th 2007, the United States and Canada start Daylight Saving Time 3 weeks earlier and end 1 week later that previously.

Really glad that Queensland doesn't bother with Daylight savings!! I'm originally from New South Wales, and they have daylight savings there. I actually think its a real pain in the butt getting used to one timechange, then having to change back again!
The Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Feb 2007, 09:17 AM   #3
David
Ultimate Contributor

Spring seems to arrive earlier every year in western Canada (likely due to global warming) so it makes sense to start DST earlier on in the year I guess.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Feb 2007, 04:47 AM   #4
lgnki

I think this initiative is actually to save energy from what I've read, and they reserve the right to reverse it at anytime
lgnki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Feb 2007, 09:57 AM   #5
drew
The "e" in e-mail

Something related, I nearly missed the only boat to home due to me not aware of differing timezones. My fault cause everybody else knew of it. I had not been observant enough. 5 minutes before it should leave harbor me thought it still had 65 minutes to go. me thinking me had plenty of time to buy something to eat. I got curious on why so many already was onboard. Haha, me the sole person getting it wrong.

Daylight savings here is announced in TV news so usually it is not a surprise.
But they could remind some day before, now they only do it the evening nearest at main news transmission. showing how to change watches.

Looking forward to summertime you move the handles forward one hour they say.
drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Feb 2007, 11:05 AM   #6
unhappysoul
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberSmurf View Post

You can Google for more info.

Windows 98 and 2000 users need to run tzedit.com to change the start and end time for Daylight Saving Time.
This is on the Windows 98 CD in "\tools\reskit\config". I couldn't find it on my Windows 2000 CD, but the Windows 98 version works fine on 2000.

new settings
... Start Day = the Second Sunday of March
... Last Day = the First Sunday of November

I'm fairly certain that Windows XP will be updated automatically.

If you have chance to read "Oracle Metalink" site you will see post after post regarding the patches need to be applied to Oracle apps and database.

So confused... well fortunately, I work for smaller company and do not require any patches to fix the problem...
unhappysoul is offline   Reply With Quote