EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 20 Oct 2015, 04:14 AM   #1
zimmermanfan
Essential Contributor

digitalenvelopes.email no longer tor-friendly?

I tried logging into my digitalenvelopes.email account over tor and was forced to enter a captcha for the first time. Then I went back to the site and no captcha the 2nd time. Are they tor-hostile, or just selectively blocking IPs giving them problems?
zimmermanfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 30 Oct 2015, 08:06 PM   #2
digitalEnvelopes

Representative of:
digitalenvelopes.email
Hey!

We're not tor-hostile!
maybe just some problem with the ip of your exit node

Let me know if you have any problem

Thanks,

Best Regards,
Niko
digitalEnvelopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Nov 2015, 06:44 PM   #3
digitalEnvelopes

Representative of:
digitalenvelopes.email
UPDATE

In the new version (I'm working on it) https://digitalenvelopes.email will be reachable over Tor network as well

Thanks
digitalEnvelopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Jan 2016, 10:54 PM   #4
zimmermanfan
Essential Contributor

I was recently forced to enter a captcha again. This was a kind of redirection to a site that other websites commonly use to inconvenience tor users. If you use tor, you know the one.. it's the site that has the title "Attention! blah blah.." followed by a captcha that's perpetually broken for /noscript/ users. Javascript has to be enabled for more hosts just to make the captcha work.

All tor IPs are published. If there is a mechanism on digitalenvelopes that triggers a captcha when a robot is detected on a particular IP, what *should* happen is that IP should be cross-referenced with the list of tor IPs. The captcha should only be presented if the IP is not a tor exit node.
Old 14 Apr 2016, 03:19 AM   #5
zimmermanfan
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalEnvelopes View Post
UPDATE

In the new version (I'm working on it) https://digitalenvelopes.email will be reachable over Tor network as well

Thanks
The problem is that your site uses CloudFlare. CloudFlare is a tor-hostile company that does substantial damage to human rights by taking the reckless and socially irresponsible approach of blocking tor users.

You need to replace CloudFlare with "Imperva Incapsula" (or wait for "PerimeterX" to go live).