EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Google Gmail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Google Gmail Forum Discussions related to Google's Gmail service should go here: suggestions, tips, comments, requests for help, tech issues etc.

Old 15 Apr 2019, 12:00 AM   #16
TenFour
Master of the @

Set up "Business email powered by G Suite" today. Process went very smoothly. Within about 30 minutes I could send and receive emails through my normal Gmail interface on both my laptop and my phone. I have not activated additional features so I could theoretically cancel G Suite and unlink from my original, personal account so I could continue to use it. This only gives you a single email address. Without unlocking additional features you can't add aliases.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2019, 02:13 AM   #17
Eireannach

Do you know if these accounts (like Gsuite proper afaik) are not subjected to scanning for ads ?
Eireannach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2019, 08:24 PM   #18
TenFour
Master of the @

Gmail isn't scanning for ads in either regular or G Suite versions, and I assume that "Business email powered by G Suite" has the exact same privacy policies as regular G Suite. Hard to tell. There are so many overlapping trackers and ad scanners being used by so many different services and websites that I'm not sure what governs the ads I am supposed to see. First, I use ad blockers for the most part, which are not perfect but do help a lot. Second, I am perpetually amazed at the horrible ads I do see that are of absolutely no interest to me--mostly clickbait garbage. Third, it is a wonder to me that this targeted advertising system makes money for certain players. It seems haphazard and worthless, based on what I see.
Old 20 Jun 2019, 04:17 AM   #19
TenFour
Master of the @

Despite the fact I signed up in early April, I just found this message on a Google help site:

Quote:
As of March 4, 2019, we no longer offer new signups for business email powered by G Suite. We will continue to support customers who purchased business email powered by G Suite.
Old 3 Sep 2019, 10:44 AM   #20
wmgilbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFour View Post
According to this from here you can use it.https://support.google.com/work/mail.../6233342?hl=en

And it says this here:https://support.google.com/work/mail..._topic=6296469 soundcloud downloader

Also, I figured out that me having family sharing set up on my personal email account was blocking me from signing up for "Business email powered by G Suite." When I turned off family sharing I was able to clear the initial hurdles at this link, though I did not fully sign up. https://www.google.com/apps/signup/u/0/gmail/country
Thanks. I found that useful. Been thinking about making this move.

Currently I'm running my business through my personal gmail account and I'm exploring alternatives. Trying to create a separation between me and my business, and to find ways to bring a virtual assistant into helping me to process email. My problem is that my brand is me - I'm a freelance management consultant.
wmgilbert is offline   Reply With Quote