EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 10 Aug 2021, 05:16 AM   #1
TenFour
Master of the @

ManyMe email forwarding service

New to me is ManyMe.com, a free email forwarding service that lets you create new email addresses on the fly that will be delivered to your preferred email address. They claim:

Quote:
ManyMe implements a range of best practices used by security experts, so that you don’t have to be one. These include adding an extra layer of virus and spam filtering, performing rigorous sender authentication (using SPF, DKIM and DMARC), exposing the sender’s “envelope address,” not just the “display address,” blocking active code and archive files (which can contain malicious code), using email aliases to help identify phishing and display name spoofing attacks, reducing your exposure to credential re-use attacks, and hosting attachments to help keep unwanted files from reaching your devices. And there’s more to come.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12 Aug 2021, 04:25 PM   #2
JeremyNicoll
Essential Contributor

The usual problem applies...

If they're doing all this for free, how are they getting any income?

I had a quick read of their Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service. There's clearly going to be a paid-for Premium service at some point, though without joining I couldn't - in my very brief look - see if that already exists.

I googled for ManyMe.com, and mainly found multiple places reporting their existence, which - to a casual glance - just looked like everyone reporting a standard press release. I also googled for info on the parent company - Raven Fly, Inc - and found very little.
JeremyNicoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Aug 2021, 10:16 PM   #3
TenFour
Master of the @

Just for kicks I signed up to ManyMe and have tried it out with a few forums and non-important sites. Everything works as they state, with extremely fast delivery. So far nothing has gone into Spam when forwarded to a Gmail account. The little dashboard you get when you join shows your recent messages and has various options that allow you to deactivate addresses, quarantine messages, and LockDown an address so that only messages from a certain domain can send to that address. They have an extensive collection of How To information that is very well written and clear, along with lots of good advice on best practices, security, privacy, etc. Whoever writes their documentation is doing a really good job. Other email service providers should take note. Here's a link to a press release announcing their service back in May 2018: https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...ivacy-Security

Last edited by TenFour : 12 Aug 2021 at 10:26 PM.
Old 12 Aug 2021, 11:26 PM   #4
Fenman
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFour View Post
Just for kicks I signed up to ManyMe and have tried it out with a few forums and non-important sites. Everything works as they state, with extremely fast delivery. So far nothing has gone into Spam when forwarded to a Gmail account. The little dashboard you get when you join shows your recent messages and has various options that allow you to deactivate addresses, quarantine messages, and LockDown an address so that only messages from a certain domain can send to that address. They have an extensive collection of How To information that is very well written and clear, along with lots of good advice on best practices, security, privacy, etc. Whoever writes their documentation is doing a really good job. Other email service providers should take note. Here's a link to a press release announcing their service back in May 2018: https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...ivacy-Security
I did much the same as TenFour with similar findings. Something that bothered me a bit was that *they* can also decide to quarantine a mail if they don't like the look of it. Two of my very brief test emails were put into quarantine by them and not delivered. I would not have known this until I received their quarantine report the next day. Occasionally, that delay could matter.
Fenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Aug 2021, 11:43 PM   #5
TenFour
Master of the @

Quote:
Two of my very brief test emails were put into quarantine by them and not delivered.
Interesting. That hasn't happened to me. Yet! Frankly, Gmail's spam and phishing detection is so good these days that I'm not certain you really need to utilize these "fake" email addresses if you use Gmail. Other email platforms are not as good, in my experience, at detecting bad emails so it might be more important. There probably is some additional security in not using the same email address for multiple different logins, but I would be reluctant to use a small less-known service like this for say my bank account or credit card email address.
Old 23 Sep 2021, 05:48 PM   #6
truemagic

I found out manyme from here and so far I'm very satisfied with the results.

One thing of concern is that what if the malicious spammers got to know how manyme works and start spamming you with your username.randomstring@manyme.com? At the moment there isn't an option to whitelist only desired "labels" so all other .randomstring won't be blocked, should that attack/spams come by.
truemagic is offline   Reply With Quote