EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 19 Mar 2017, 09:31 PM   #16
Culmore

This does not work for me either
Culmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2017, 09:40 PM   #17
Culmore

Hmmmm try iOS settings > Mail > accounts> fetch new data >

Then click your fastmail acccount

Then select the folders you want notification for . Is that it?
Old 19 Mar 2017, 09:55 PM   #18
Pfolson
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culmore View Post
Hmmmm try iOS settings > Mail > accounts> fetch new data >

Then click your fastmail acccount

Then select the folders you want notification for . Is that it?
That should be it.

What problems are you having? Push is not showing up as an option? Or after you configure push, it's not working properly? Either way, I would try the quit/restart routine mentioned earlier in this thread and see if that fixes the problem.

Also remember, as per the thread subject, that push doesn't seem to be working for any folder other than Inbox if you're using the "new" server settings -- imap.fastmail.com. So for now at least, to get push on your subfolders, you need to use the old mail.messagingengine.com set-up.
Pfolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2017, 10:18 PM   #19
Culmore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfolson View Post
That should be it.

What problems are you having? Push is not showing up as an option? Or after you configure push, it's not working properly? Either way, I would try the quit/restart routine mentioned earlier in this thread and see if that fixes the problem.

Also remember, as per the thread subject, that push doesn't seem to be working for any folder other than Inbox if you're using the "new" server settings -- imap.fastmail.com. So for now at least, to get push on your subfolders, you need to use the old mail.messagingengine.com set-up.

When I use a sieve rule to put a new mail message to a sub folder I don't get a notification or see any "new message count" . I use the standard iOS and mac mail apps. But I had not configured the settings I mentioned in my post. Nor used the old imap server name as you suggest. So I will try again and see what happens.

Ps iOS settings are many, what happened to the apple idea of it just works. Separate conversation. Not a dig at fastmail

Last edited by Culmore : 19 Mar 2017 at 10:25 PM.
Old 19 Mar 2017, 10:58 PM   #20
Culmore

With some very casual testing changing the iOS settings per my post is working for me . I am using

imap.fastmail.com as the server address

Will do more testing this week
Old 19 Mar 2017, 11:09 PM   #21
Pfolson
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culmore View Post
With some very casual testing changing the iOS settings per my post is working for me . I am using

imap.fastmail.com as the server address

Will do more testing this week
I'll be curious to learn if you're properly receiving push notifications on all your selected folders. If so, then perhaps FastMail (or Apple) fixed/changed something and the problem has gone away.

I haven't tested imap.fastmail.com since the push problem appeared a couple of weeks ago, so it's entirely possible that things have started working again since then.
Old 22 Mar 2017, 03:01 AM   #22
Culmore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfolson View Post
I'll be curious to learn if you're properly receiving push notifications on all your selected folders. If so, then perhaps FastMail (or Apple) fixed/changed something and the problem has gone away.

I haven't tested imap.fastmail.com since the push problem appeared a couple of weeks ago, so it's entirely possible that things have started working again since then.
I don't get much email but for the folders I do receive mail, notifications seem to be working.
Old 22 Mar 2017, 05:11 AM   #23
SaintGermain

Another problem I just noticed : when an email arrived, the notification appears on the lock screen, but then if I unlock the iPhone, the notification is not in the notification center.

I didn't have this problem before and I don't have this problem with Gmail app notification for instance (the notification are on the lock screen and on the notification center).

In the Settings / Notifications / Mail / Account, the "In notification center" is checked though.

Do you also have this problem ?
SaintGermain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2017, 05:18 AM   #24
Pfolson
Essential Contributor

I seldom use the notification center, but I just checked and it is full of mail notifications, so apparently it is working.
Old 5 Feb 2019, 04:46 AM   #25
SaintGermain

Hello,

Since a few months, iOS Push on subfolders doesn't work anymore with Fastmail.
Perhaps since an iOS update, I am not sure...
Anyway I am now on iOS 12.1.3 and it doesn't work (but it works for the regular inbox folder)

Can someone confirm that issue ?

Thanks
Old 5 Feb 2019, 04:56 AM   #26
Pfolson
Essential Contributor

Well ... notifications on all folders are working for me, but I’m still on 12.1.2. I haven’t updated to .3 yet.
Old 5 Feb 2019, 04:58 AM   #27
SaintGermain

I was yesterday on 12.1.2 and updated to 12.1.3 to see if the issue was fixed.
So if this is working for you, it must be an issue with my device.
I'll try to look into it and report the result here !

Thanks